help

A

anonamys

A bout a month and a half ago I recieved my fist set of turn tables,wit the mixer included.Every thing is coll about it xcept when i try to sratch fast the needle will skip and it will be on a different verse.I was just wondered if eny one could help me ? Holla back at anonamys@juno.com

Belts or Directs?

If your needle skips everytime you scratch then you could try putting a weight on top of the cart so that there is more force acting down on the needle. Are your decks direct drive or belt drive? this will make all the difference when it comes to scratching.

Right if u have belt drives then forget u don't have a chance :( sorry to tell u hard way, if u own quality direct drives then u can have all the funny in the world :)
Right sounds as if your arm isn't setup right!
Don't put weights on your cartridge this will only f**k them up and ruin your needles (I am SERIOUS).
If your arm has height adjustment make sure its at its highest.
Right now next thing to do is balance ur arm, it is done by adjusting the weight so the arm floats free over the platter and it horizontal, at this point turn your weight to 0, so now u have 0 :)
Right the max weight for most needles is 3.5 grams so turn towards until u hit 3.5 on your dial this should be good enough to scratch on, if still jumps then check the record and also try and improve your technique. Otherwise happy scratching :)

Mines is belt drive.I didnt know it would make a difference.I got the gemini scratch master,and the guy said it was good for beginers but I wanna be able to scratch up a wak wit out the needle skippin beats.Ima do what use say and hope it works better.

Back