HELP!!!!

DJ SKY

Does any one know of a good voice removal program or plugin? And is it even possible to fully take out the voice in a song? I've tried but I can only get out maybe 70% of it.
Thanks-
DJ SKY

70%? you are lucky.

Most of the time you better cover the music rather than trying to remove a track... Cover means you would use your equipment and sequencer to write the music note after note.

Best would be to not have to use this piece of music and to compose your own :)

The voice removal programs and plugins are genereally nothing else than Equalizers, where some frequencies are cut to "simulate" the absence of the voice. And when you do so, most of the time you also remove a lot from the other tracks of the song.

actually there are no special voice removals...the voice is usually recorded in the middle frequency so if you're able to remove it it means you loose a lot of necessary sound information...nevertheless you can try and fade off some mid frequencies...

MikeB

The best thing to do is get a multi band eq plug in / unit , cut all the frequencies for the vocals, then try and replace / overlay what you've cut most of. I.e the snare and the mid range. There are programs that do it but it's more accurate to do it manually.

ahh GrooveX, that's smart, replacing the snares and elements which would have disappear due to the heavy "kill-freq-ranges" :) cool

Back