Hee Haw Breaks

D

DJALEXR

Hi everyone,

I recently bought hee haw breaks by dirtstyle, it seems perfect as its got every sample you could possibly want for scratching on it, but it just seems to jump LOADS when i scratch or juggle with it!! ive got two copies of it, both brand new and they both do the same thing! ive got loads of other scratch records, and others on dirtstyle including scratchy seals drum scratching one - all these work fine, and i can scratch as much as i like without it jumping - anyone else had this happen, got any ideas?

cheers

Alex

What settings is the tonearm set up...?

Another thing to check is if the hole in the middle of the record fits snug over the spindle...if its loose...this could be causing the needle to jump.

Sometimes a new record's grooves need time to kind of break in. When I first got that record it was skippy too but then after a while it skipped less.

cheers man I tightened up the hole in the middle, they work much, much better now!!!

cant believe i didnt think of that!!

all this scratching is making me itch

Alex

Hi,

I used stickers, like the ones you use to mark where samples are - what i did was put two stickers over the hole in the middle in of the record on each side, and then used the actual spindle to pierce a hole through the stickers, which seems to have worked ok, although there may be better ways of doing this!

Alex

^^^ That works fine ^^^

As long as its not too tight and starts to grip the spindle too much. Other than that, you're good.

Back