Hard Tips

djfattony2000

Anyone else find tips really hard, well the way they are done on the qbert how to video?

I can do crabs and orbits and flares but I think my record control is just not up to it when it comes to tips.

some people find different techniques harder...i find tips fairly easy, however, flares not so easy

Will

u know exactly what u gotta do then dont ya - just practise tips

theyre well handy - think bout it, if u get ur tips down well ur stabs and chirps are gonna be better too

play around with different mand possitions on the record!! tips to begin with are easy if you put your finger nearer the outside of the record, bend your elbow more!! get closer to the deck, position your elbow closer to the horizontal of the deck, and you can get the motion of locking your elbow, just getting say a 10 degees jurk motion to acunplish the tip!! this also helps with scribbles, after a while, as your fore arms become stronger in the scratching muscles and you have better control, you will find that you will be able to do them in your natural posture!!

alot of people get all ridgid when they scratch, which limits you in al fairness, move around with the different tecnniques and you will find that some of the ones you initially found hard, easyer to flow off in a routine!!

tips are easier to learn if you start out with a louder sample, get one with some good space between samples. dont think about trying to hit the sample head on, aim for the silence right in front of sound

you are probably making hand movements too short to be effective, good luck!

Yeah...I like using the really sharp sounds. Or like vocals that start with the letter 'A'

just do baby skratches at the beginning of the samples and just speed it up thats all it really is like half a baby skratch if that makes sense

Back