Thread: Which hand should I use for scratching?

Thanks

Which hand should I use for scratching?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Which hand should I use to control the record and which one to control the crosfader?

Thanks
    Whichever hand feels natural. There is no definite answer. Some DJs use their dominant hand on the record others do it opposite. Really skilled DJs can use either hand.
    Stop slingin Cds and get paid for real. License those beats.

Thanks
    I'd recommend practicing both straight from the beginning. As Logistical Styles said, one way may feel more natural. This means that the other way will feel a lot more akward if you don't practice it.

Thanks
    Thanks both of you!

Thanks
    hi there,
    there is not such one hand to scratch with, i personally feel more comfortable scratching with the right and holding the fader with the left. But as a good dj you should practice with both hands so that you can easily jump and scratch from one deck to an other. Keep your right and left skills at the same level. If you practice with one hand all the time, in a long run will be much harder to learn on the other side.

Keep practicing anyway!!!

Thanks
    There has always been DJ who didn't understand that learning to scratch with one hand hurt them not helped them.
    That's not to say they may not be better with one hand but you still need to be able to at a minimal do the basics with both hands so just work on your skills with each hand for the platter and fader.

Thread Information