HALLOWEEN 2000 MIX

F

FRESCO69

Please check out my website @ www.djfresco.com. I currently have 10 mixes online. I am from New York City. My dj style is very very European.Let me know what you think of my mixes.

Thanks-

tight stuff

Fresco,..

i like this alot--... it's giving me some ideas how i should mix my stuff... Is it possible to be a good crossover dj?... perhaps college crowds are either 1 way or another... but i'd like to be able to spin both hip-hop,rap,dance AND trance..etc... btw..can you give an explanation of the distinctions between the different types??

thanks.. you're music is the bomb..i like it..
late-
jyang411

Well this all I can tell you.

Maybe you should decide what style of music you want to spin?

Wether its HIP HOP/R&B Reggae or Dance? It's any expensive hobby trying to keep up with all the current mixes out there. What does yOr crowd vibe to more? Being a dj from New York. I tend to stay more with dance music which includes trance. All forms of house music can fall under one umbrella "Dance Music".

If you really want an explation to the differents forms of music. Please go to http://www.about.com. I am sure they can help you out. Its sort of a yahoo on steriods...

dj fresco

Well...spinning all those different types of music would be expensive and tricky. You should really stick to one type of music... Personally I don't like Hip Hop one bit...but that's what the clubs around my area spin. Mainly cause it's what you hear on the radio around here. I have even seen DJ's around here get things thrown at them and pestered for playing mellow stuff like Chicane, poor guy, LoL...just didn't know his audience...... The after hours clubs or "underground" clubs spin the stuff I like(hard House, Trance, progressive trance) and that's were I DJ. The mainstream clubs spin mostly hip hop and house around here and I think it's total shite.... Our local radio station 107.9 which is in Toronto, send there club DJ's out and that's what you will hear from them, Hip Hop, House, trance everything under the sun, but mostly hip hop.

As for an explanation of the different types, that's a tough call.... I play whatever I like...if I like it I'll play it no matter what label it has on it. My advice would be play what you like....and hope people will like it too and not really worry about what genre it is. Just keep the energy going and going....and keep those people on the dance floor ;)

what are the songs you used in your Trance in Motion mix

I would like to know the names of some of the vinyl that you used in your mix.. i'm listening to it now-- (probably the third time..)

especially i'd like to know the song that you throw on top that shows up at around.. 10 min 30 sec. of the song... the one with the verbrating organ-ish track.. I suspect it's a B-side of this song i've heard before.. basically..i've been out of the scene soo long that i'm having trouble finding good artists.. so, if you could provide a list of good trance names.. that i could check out.. as well as charts.. where do you get your vinyl?..do you purchase it at a local store?..online?.. i' think i'm going to use some online stores... anyhow..ANY help would be appreciated..thanx.

-jyang411

Back