looking to take my passion for music to a hobby
state.
thanks
DGFT

dogfight said:
please let me know how to begin djing online

Welcome dogfight! :)
Okie let me help out a little bit

"online" means that you will use the internet to get your music out there (ie so people can listen to it).

"DJing" and "making beats" are generally words used to call different things.

DJing means mixing records (CDs or Vinyls), which is music composed by another artist, and you create your own mix/ architecture of the records.

Making beats would mean you are actually composing music (ie notes and tracks) and not necessarily touching a turntable or a DJ mixer.

Of course, many many DJs who are mixing are also composing music, but I think its good to give each practice a definition so it is not as confusing

To compose beats, you can either use a software drumbox (like DRUMSTATION reviewed >here< or you can buy a machine such as the MPC2000 SE-1 (new AKAI) or the ELECTRIBE-S (KORG) or the Yamaha RM1X. These will let you sample any sound source and sequence in the same box... And its a lot of fun. But if you don't have the moneya nd if you want to get started and learn how a beat is constructed, get Drumstation, its a fun program.

What do you eman by "keyboard samples" exactly? Do you mean melodic tracks with notes you would play att he top of the beats you composed? You can go to http://www.analoguesamples.com they have a few WAV stuff you can download. I suggest you to get a synthe by Yamaha called CS1X, because nowaday LOTS of peopel sell it second hand for very cheap, and this would introduce yourself to a real keyboard/synth which you can control via MIDI from a sequencer or just sample its sound to put it on your beats.

Take care man, nice to see you on board. If you have questions, post them.

Back