Getting Smashed on the Decks

J

Johnpuga1982

Well, it seems like every time I play in a bar I get smashed out of my mind. Is it easy for you guys to "just say no" to free booze?

No...on the real though I know my limits so I dont get too drunk as long as I can still mix im cool for the night

As long as it is not to the point where you are sloppy, have fun. My consumption ends up being negatively proportional to the importance of the event being played...

DJMarkAndrew said:
Sometimes free drinks is the only pay you get. Why would you want to underpay yourself?

True, got my buzz on before my slot and got smashed afterwards.

the first gig i played at i was stoned as feck, but everything slowed down heaps n apparently i played a mad set.
I dont do it ne more tho pretty unprofessional really, like a lil bit toasted is ok but gettin hammered brings sloppyness into the mix, but hell if you can do it successfully do it

i always have a couple drinks, helps me relax. i never! get drunk tho. thats all bad, but a couple drinks help calm the nervs.

Booze is my vice. Unfortunately, free drinks is the only payment we get. Trick for me is to start with a red bull and vodka and just drink some water.

I've almost lost a residency because I was getting so trashed during my sets.

Trust me, overconsumption during a set may work once or twice, but in the end it will trip you up.

djlucid said:
Trick for me is to start with a red bull and vodka and just drink some water.

Reb Bull and Jager for me. The Red Bull gives me to many wings at times.

yea, if you have a taste for alcohol, and youre a dj in a bar.....you could get in some trouble......haha. its not...uncommon...haha! watch out!

peace.

a couple drinks totally calms my nerves, but if i smoke then i tend to get twice as nervous.

Lol i spun at an 18th last night, they ended up getting a pinyata out to hit i didnt think this was a good idea with 70 drunk people about and one in the middle with a big stick...
After a few drinks they wanted the music down to hit this thing.
So down i went i killed it and they started their thing.
I cued up some **** while they were doin this and i unleshed it at the perfect time....
Just as this girl went to hit the pinyata i had cartman from southpark unleash the 'suck my balls' quote...
well it is a good feeling having 70 people rolling around laughing. Moral of the story, if i didnt have a few drinks i wouldnt have had the balls to drop it....

hang on a second, if u guys were actually busy mixing ud find it hard to consume alot of alcohol! i can maybe get through 2 beers in about 3 or 4 hours lol

dJ 0z0ls said:
hang on a second, if u guys were actually busy mixing ud find it hard to consume alot of alcohol! i can maybe get through 2 beers in about 3 or 4 hours lol

oh man, you need the pioneer with the drink-holder attachment..... and maybe one of those long curly straws....haha.

peace.

highkoo said:

oh man, you need the pioneer with the drink-holder attachment..... and maybe one of those long curly straws....haha.

peace.

LMAO!!!!!

Hehe.. I was in a bar a while ago and there was this guy mixing hip hop, totally pished + red-eyed. After a while the bartender gets uneasy and wont give him any more beer, so he pulls out a sesamy street-album (obviously a secret weapon for these occations) and lets it rip. It took like five minutes for him to get served again and get the groove back on :]

vinylViking said:
Hehe.. I was in a bar a while ago and there was this guy mixing hip hop, totally pished + red-eyed. After a while the bartender gets uneasy and wont give him any more beer, so he pulls out a sesamy street-album (obviously a secret weapon for these occations) and lets it rip. It took like five minutes for him to get served again and get the groove back on :]

HA! Thats funny...

Stop serving the DJ alcohol and the DJ stops serving the dance cuts. :)

Originally posted by dJ 0z0lshang on a second, if u guys were actually busy mixing ud find it hard to consume alot of alcohol! i can maybe get through 2 beers in about 3 or 4 hours lol

This is the truth right here, though. I just played a party this last weekend where they had 3 kegs going.

I finished my first cup and when I went to get a refill, low and behold, all the beer was gone... :mad:

Bastards.

I'm so guilty of this. I've played piss ass drunk before and the only thing it really seems to **** up is my scratching because my body moves slower than my brain tells it too. If you see this guy drinking what appears to be orange juice out of a bottle that clearly says "dysani" or "evian" something is up...

Back