Getting Smashed on the Decks

i dont spin at shows yet, but i beatbox and mc... and yea free booze is hard to pass up and harder not to overdo. lukily i have just done short sets, so id get a small buzz before hand, smoke a joint, then after the set i get smashed and celebrate.

however this Canada day i am hosting an 8 hour show... which is gonna be a challenge.

dont like to say it but i might have to not drink and get into somethin else to stay on the whole time....

as well the other shows ive been doin for fun and free drinks but thers some reaal good money involved in this one

I always play better the more smashed I get and it's not just in my head...my friends say the same and try to ply me with beers before i get up. maybe I need to look for that sesame street album in case I run into some jerk off bartender.

I find it really hard to scratch if I'm not stoned - it just feels wrong; if I'm stoned or had a few drinks (or both) then I can get right in the mood :)

Too much drink is not so good though...only experienced that a couple of times though.

Thai shrooms: now they're the one!! They made listening to music sooooooooo much better and mixing was was about the most fun you could have with your clothes on.

dJ 0z0ls said:
hang on a second, if u guys were actually busy mixing ud find it hard to consume alot of alcohol! i can maybe get through 2 beers in about 3 or 4 hours lol

beerhat.jpg

anyways, funny stories guys

Johnpuga1982 said:
Sadly, I am matering the art of djing drunk.

LOL !! Same here man...

Weapon of choice: AMF !!

Adios Mother F*cker !!

As a general rule I won't have any type of intoxicants before a set. Maybe a shot if it's been one of those days and I can't calm down to concentrate. Other than that I get the drink on after the work is done.

I've seen WAY too many good to great DJs suck it up on the decks because they weren't sober. I'm not about to be that DJ because it pissed me off so much to watch.

Last edited:
DJ Dominus said:
As a general rule I won't have any type of intoxicants before a set. Maybe a shot if it's been one of those days and I can't calm down to concentrate. Other than that I get the drink on after the work is done.

I've seen WAY too many good to great DJs suck it up on the decks because they weren't sober. I'm not about to be that DJ because it pissed me off so much to watch.

haha... yea but werent thos DJs just like.... the kewlest ever!!??

peace.

DJ Dominus said:

I hear ya on that...but at the same time...if I'm not even going to be spinning if I'm not having a good time ! I don't care how much they pay me...

DJMarkAndrew
Warrior Member

Sometimes free drinks is the only pay you get. Why would you want to underpay yourself?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i dont really do free anymore but this is where its at!! you start on pennys!! if you dont get them, let the beer flow, we had a regular 3 course mixing session for about a year or so on a saturday night! in a pub where wed known the owner since skool, it was a bit of a dive but we got a bit of cash and free booze, then on to early doors at the club down the road for 1/2hours, the first pubs beer and chasers had sorta gotten a grip of you then so to sorta leval yourself off, pills were the way to go! well that or coke/speed, whatever really!! not over do it!! just do it! we were mainly playing hip hop. breaks, funk grooves etc and we were expected to do like a bit of battleing stylee stuff for the punters cos it always went down well, then supposedly on to the next club, same sorta thing just apparently with a bit more control!! but by then we were usually skutted!! but we had a regular spot and all the towneys would love it!

cos lets face it!! when it comes down to hip hop/rnb etc, its all about reading the crowd and dropping the right tunes, and i think thats why it worked for so long!! cos we just got with it, its sorta like the average music lover selecting what was played, in a way!! we did have a lot of skills though to be honest, but at times it was less about technical ability and more about where to possition your feet so that you do fall ass over tit!!

but it always wend down, me and my mate absolutly broke down in fits of laughter when some chav come up to us on probably the worst pissed up set we ever done (technically) my mate had food poisoning for a dodge burger, both of us pissed up, and this lad comes along, shakes our hands saying "yeh man, heavy set"

personal joke!! but ohhh maaan!!

after that lot we thought we'd better take things a bit more seriously!! mind you that was like 10 years ago or so!! it was our first break and we nearly pissed it all up ther wall!!

skutted?? thats been around for time, where you lot from??

waisted, fooked, p'ssed up, rat arsed, steaming, bolloxed, fecked,clobbered,bladdered,langered, legless, off me pickle, paraletic, pie eyed,slaughtered,
on the wife beater (stella artois) or stella act a twat, using stella vision!

drunk!!!!

Farmski said:
skutted?? thats been around for time, where you lot from??

'from just across the pond mate...'

hahaha...

naw, skutted hasnt made it over to the US as far as ive heard.

how bout 'zooted'? you guys wouldnt know zooted if it kicked you in the yarbles.

bruv.

hahaaa...

peace.

nah!! never heard of zooted, but ive probably been there many a time!! unless its one of those alcopops!! i dont do girly drinks, the lowest i go is a turbo shandy!!!

Zonked, hammered, hammy'd, drznunk, drizzle, tanked, gooned, faded, ooooot, plastered, jacked, double- ****ed up, lubricated, on the antifreeze, goggled,

This thread has got new life

Back