Gemini's new scratch-mixers?..

J

jyang411

I think i've decided on one of the variations of Gemini's turntables..they're both reasonable and provide good enough quality for a good price. Although I already have a mixer..i'm thinking about getting a new one. I've seen some of Gemini's new scratch (UMX) series mixers with curve adjustment going pretty cheap. I have a question as to what's the quality comparison between these and the Vestax/ranes. Also, Has anyone used Stanton's SK series mixers? Are they better than vestax? Is the "Focus" mixer worth spending extra money on over the original SK's?

Any help on this topic would be welcomed---

jyang411
thnx.

:)

The gemini scratch mixers are really good . Well worth the price and if ur looking for a decent mixer at a decent price go for it !. If u want the mother of them all scratch mixers go for ECLER's HAK 320 or Stanton focus series !! They rock !

Well in my opinion scratch mixers come in that order (quality) to me

-Gemini UMX or Stanton SK-One
-Ecler HAK 300/320
-Rane TTM54 or Vestax PMC07-Pro Qbert
-Vestax PMC07Pro ISP

This last being the best you can get. Excellent faders, everything adjustable, ... but the latest innovation Quadrophonic sound. If you have four speakers or more you can play with spatial positioning of the sound !!!

Also one of the most expensive...

I jumped the gun and bought a stanton SK-2F and got it for 280.. wow huh? if you wanna knwo where.. just reply and i'll name some places..

I ended up buying the TT-1+'s as well... jeesh.. don't you guys ever feel like it's a huge hole in your pocket?.. i'm excited but at the same time.. jeesh.. i better start making some money off it soon----

alright then,

-jyang411

Wow 260 is cool ! Where did u get that ? How much did u pay for the tt1's ? What kind of music do u spin ? Are u into DMC style mixing ?

I'm in to DMC.. i particularily like rap, hip-hop, and trance,dance, funk.. anything that really catches my ear.

letsee.. i got this deal from audiolines, but check sixstar they have the pt2400 going for 260..and they also got the stanton for 280.. i had to coerce audiolines to do this deal for me.. i just like their customer support/sales much better.. i think the guys as sixstardj.com even hung up on me! but.. go to prodj.com and go to the mall, and search through the stores...

i can't wait to get this stuff in the mail.. 1 helluva purchase... it's just.. very $$$... i wish djing were cheap....however, afterall- it's not for everybody.

-jyang411

Oh dang...

they mailed it to the wrong address.. my house.. (my parents don't want that stuff comin' home) why does this crap always happen to me? grrr.. they have to find some room for that stuff QUICK. Alright then.. bye now---

jyang411

Back