Funky Dope Scratches/ Dak Reynold

I use 2 technic 1200's and a rane ttm56. I picked up a serato box with the ttm56 about two mouths ago, up until then for the last ten years or so I've been using the ttm54 with my 1200's.
I have a korg padkontrol that I was going to try and figure out how to use with serato to cue samples, but that just seems like to much of a learning curve for me and my audio interface just crapped out anyway.
Maybe it will give me time to improve my scratches, or maybe I'll just go to guitar center tomorrow and pic out something new!

Scratches are dope. Faith Evans at 1:26 sort of threw me though

Great sample call. I took that sample from a record full of random vocals and for the life of me could not put the sample to a song or name.
I used it cause the whole flow of the song was supposed to be the guy saying funky dope "scratches" faith says "like this", then a scratch style, and repeat. All the "like this" samples are from the main faith evans sample which is why I ran the full sample as a break down at the 1.26, to me I figured it broke the song in half, turned the "like this" into a singer as opposed to a sample and helped bring it to a close.

Thanks every one above for the comments, I've tried to re-edit the sound and cuts for the better. At this point I'm done with the song and happy as is for a short, sh*tty scratch cut.
Dak.

Back