Fixing warped records????

soundwave113

I was just wondering if there was any way to fix warped records.... I have some dope vinyl that is kinda warped and want to know if there is anyway that I can fix it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

i've heard all sorts of remedies but i've never found one that works really well.

despite what you hear, don't put it in the oven.

weight might help (put it under a stack of books for a couple weeks), but other than that, you're probably better off just getting a new one. oh wait, i forgot...the only records that ever warp are the ones that are a limited press or are otherwise impossible to find.

good luck :)

You should try the "Buddha Belly" technique.
Take your record and hold the warped side against your naked "Buddha Belly". The warmer the better and wrap it around yourself for about 3-4 minutes slowly turning the record to apply even heat and pressure. Then let it relax for a second and you have an unwarped record.

Sounds dumb huh, you'll thank me later.

Your right it does sound dumb:D but i bet it could work, main thing is to keep working at it and giving it slow pressure and heat. eventually you gotta be able to fix it. its just vinyl after all.

dj_floorgasm said:

despite what you hear, don't put it in the oven.

Hey I used this method and it fixed my warped records ... just do not put them in till the melt .. just for a minute to soften them up and put them under a stack of like 60 records and let them sit overnight.

Back