Fader Practice!

Y

yukmouth

im always ''air'' scratching through out my day just wanting a fader to f*ck around with , is there anything that mimics a fader or any old fader i could take or use to just play with when im away from my mixer? just wonderin though id ask , Peace!

-y

Thats funny, just the other day I was thinking about trying to make a little device that could sit on my office desk that you could pop any kind of fader into just to pactice fader control.

I might look into it a bit closer now seeing as there seems to be loads of potential customers ;)

Thats funny...I remember a buddy of mine used to carry the rusty fader off of his old Numark around school to practice !

Or you could hit the gym and do some wrist curls like Ahhhnold!!

f_reversewristcurlswithdumbbellst.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^LOl! Your wrists would be so strong you'd break your fader!

haha hell ya man if u invented suttin like that Hit me up id be a customer! i wanna take the fader outta my stanton sk-6 but i wanna sell it to so that wont work , dogg i been hitten the gym just started to go everyday thats whats up!
peace!

-yuk aka SKG_

Yup! I'm in that boat. My coworkers think i'm crazy.

Well, you know what they say "practice makes perfect".

i practice using my thumb (on my record hand) as a crossfader, got twiddles down in no time from doing it.

I just carry a spare fader around with me, it helped my crabs a lot.

meh

You remind me of me, Everyday I wake up pratice before I go to work and then when im away from my tables I AIR PRATICE. And pretend that there is a fader with me. I pratice my hand movements (like crabs, twiddles, flares). And I pratice the sound in my head, so when i go back to the table I try to mimic those sounds. (I know u must think im crazy) but doing the finger movements and hand movements on a make believe set up can help you on the creative process. BUT AGAIN BEWARE, u I am known t use the fader too much and alot of my skratches sound like it. PRATICE RECORD CONTROL!

You remind me of me, Everyday I wake up pratice before I go to work and then when im away from my tables I AIR PRATICE. And pretend that there is a fader with me. I pratice my hand movements (like crabs, twiddles, flares). And I pratice the sound in my head, so when i go back to the table I try to mimic those sounds. (I know u must think im crazy) but doing the finger movements and hand movements on a make believe set up can help you on the creative process. BUT AGAIN BEWARE, I am known t use the fader too much and alot of my skratches sound like it. PRATICE RECORD CONTROL!

Back