dropping by to say hello...

Hi David!!! I remember when I first started, you helped me out with my equipment!!!

now you're sending me broke! hahahaha

all is good in the hood fella's :)

Siv!!! I remember you!

Siv said:
Yo yo yo... Anyone home?

OH ****!!!

hey Siv.. long time no see.. nice to see you posting again!!

well now i'm djing for my cats now as well.. the weekly gig was not as good as i'd've liked.. we were asked back and offered some $$ but the people coming in were not liking our styles of music so we declined..

Hi y'all. I've now moved from Malaysia and am living in Houston. I packed all my tunes and brought them over (I think they formed the bulk of my shipment) but now that I'm over here I don't think I'll be playing any gigs any more. I was quite plugged in to the d&b scene over in Malaysia but out here in Houston, with a wife and kid, I don't think I'm going to be able to go out clubbing!

Anyway, I haven't even unpacked my decks and I've been here almost 2 months (thank god I bought dual voltage and all the electrix stuff and my ecler is also dual voltage). I need to do shopping for a nice table...

Old school 4 life!

Whattup? It's been a while, decided to pop in and see if anyone of the old cats are still posting. Not too many of the old team, it seems.

Me, I've been through tons of stuff the last few years. Very briefly:

Got back to university in 2002 to get a degree in Media & Communication. Almost done (that damn thesis left...). Doing some work within that field at present. Been doing lots of music related stuff as well, both behind and in front of the mixing desk, as well as designing and writing press releases and things like that. I haven't DJd much since 2004, lack of time and inspiration mainly. I got married in 2005 to my girlfriend since many years. Still living in Norte de Suecia, quite content with it. Making less money than I'd like to, but you can't always get what you want, as Jagger and Richards put it.

And then, as usual when life is going somewhat in the right direction, Murphy's Law creeps up and kicks you in the a$$.
In February this year, I was diagnosed with blood cancer and had to go through extensive chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant. I had to stay isolated in the hospital for the greater part of 4 months and looked like a bloody rake without hair and eyebrows.

I just started working again, and have been recovering really well, it seems. Still a bit weak and sh!t, but I've been working out a lot and seem to be gaining weight, hair and stamina as I should. It's been pretty crap at times, but I got through it and now I just kind of shrug my shoulders at it, so I guess I'm alright.

hold sh1t @ the names in this thread.

2001 crew reppin!!

Like others i still lurk on Fp ..pop up now and again.

Mattu!!...holla!!

thoughts go out to ya f'real...it is what it is.

you need to get at a brotha!!

mattu said:
Whattup? It's been a while, decided to pop in and see if anyone of the old cats are still posting. Not too many of the old team, it seems.

Me, I've been through tons of stuff the last few years. Very briefly:

Got back to university in 2002 to get a degree in Media & Communication. Almost done (that damn thesis left...). Doing some work within that field at present. Been doing lots of music related stuff as well, both behind and in front of the mixing desk, as well as designing and writing press releases and things like that. I haven't DJd much since 2004, lack of time and inspiration mainly. I got married in 2005 to my girlfriend since many years. Still living in Norte de Suecia, quite content with it. Making less money than I'd like to, but you can't always get what you want, as Jagger and Richards put it.

And then, as usual when life is going somewhat in the right direction, Murphy's Law creeps up and kicks you in the a$$.
In February this year, I was diagnosed with blood cancer and had to go through extensive chemotherapy and a stem cell transplant. I had to stay isolated in the hospital for the greater part of 4 months and looked like a bloody rake without hair and eyebrows.

I just started working again, and have been recovering really well, it seems. Still a bit weak and sh!t, but I've been working out a lot and seem to be gaining weight, hair and stamina as I should. It's been pretty crap at times, but I got through it and now I just kind of shrug my shoulders at it, so I guess I'm alright.

damn man..... glad to hear you married but the rest... damn..

hope you're doing better...

oh and bump..

damn flareward too!!

Infra!!!

Loong a55 time!!

Thats some bullsh1t about mattu innit??, gonna try and see if can contact him...got numbers somewhere.

Back