Doing with Ableton

Epsilon-144

Musician and Producer
I'm setting up ableton to DJ with. I'm hoping I can link the faders with a controller. I have an MPD 26, so I'm hoping I can link stuff from Ableton onto the MPD.

I'll come back after i practice and set up everything up. Does anybody have any advice for this?

i've never done this personally with this specific controller, but ive done it with other controllers.

it's as simple as midi mapping what you want to control, to your controller.

Press ctrl+M on your keyboard, then use the mouse to click on the parameter in Ableton you would like to control with your controller. Then move the slider/rotary knob/whatever on your controller that you would like to control that specific parameter. That slider/knob is now assigned to that parameter. You can get into further detail with assigning certain things like controlling limitations of values and other...I can't explain it properly in text though, it would be easier to learn visually IMO.

there's videos on youtube that visualize how to do this process if you need more help.

My only advice is to incorporate some sample drumming/triggering... People love watching that stuff. I used to dj with ableton and occasionally bust it out nowadays but it was always extremely time consuming to setup even just a 45 in set. Kinda frustrating overall, not the workflow, just the time it takes to export the stems and arrange them how you want them just to add a 2 min clip of a beat you made to your set.

Back