Does Kno of any good DJ Teaching DVDs

K-Samples

Many Samples to be Abused
Does anyone Kno of any good DJ Teaching DVDs ?
I've had a set of Numarks For a while, havent really used for any thing other than sampling . Oh, anyone who has any DJ tip's I would appreciate the Help.:victory:

Last edited:
What kind of advice and videos you're looking for scratching , mixing, how to rock the crowd ?? My main advice would be practice makes perfect :) Be more specific.

dont waste your money...

when i started dj-ing.... i learnt by the ear and by reading tutorials.

the first thing i learnt was how to master the basics of mixing, this includes pitch riding or beat matching....... then if u wanna rock the crowd..... know your tracks in and out :)

heres a good start... www.djforums.com

You can't really learn how to DJ its more of skill. You can learn the basics of what you gotta do and then its talent from there. And not everyone can do it.

If you want to learn the basics of scratching, "Qbert's DIY" series of DVDs covers all the basics, and they've got nice tutorials. You can loop the DVD, change the angles, it's all really nice.

If you just want to know how to spin at a party or something, look up information on beatmatching and transitions, it's all relatively simple. Beyond that, knowing how to be a good DJ and rock a good set is solely a matter of experience. Knowing your crowd/knowing how to read a crowd are skills that only come from experience.

Q-Bert DIY is the realest man. He breaks it all down. He gave them to us when we had him on our show last week. dude was really dope and really knew how to rock the party. He also got the encyclopedia of scratch but i havent watched it yet.

Skratching: Qberts 1st DIY DVD is the only one worth it really (although I think youtube may have all the clips on ;-) )

Also if it's skratching that interests you then check out SKratch the documentry film. It's great and no skratcher should be alive without having seen it IMO. On the bonus disk I remember Z-trip also had a nice little advice bit where he gives some good tips and pointers.

If it's mixing....then know your tunes, learn to beatmatch and then the creativity comes from yourself. Listen to mix CDs (propper ACTUALLY mixed cds) and listen to other tricks DJs use. Creative Eqing, dropping individual beats in here and there....extending certain parts blah blah blah.

Just research and practise basicly. And check the youtube. DIY DVD scenes definatly on there. The Z-trip thing might be aswell.

Peace.

Back