DJM700 / AH Xone 62

P

PhilHarmonic

Hi there.

As you can see in the title, I´m planning to spend SOME money on a new mixer.
I started out as a HipHop DJ and worked with an ECLER HAK 320 over the last years. Now this thing is worn out, and because I´m using Serato now and do some Parties on my own where I need turntables AND CD Players for other DJs, I think about buying a 4-channel mixer.

The two favorite ones NOW would be the Pioneer DJM 700 (or 800, maybe) and the Allen & Heath Xone 62, which I don´t really know much about.

All I heard is that the A&H is super tough and can take more than a beating, and that it has really good sound. Features that I surely expect from a manufacturer of high class Live and Studio Mixers.

But I also heard rumors that the crossfader curve from the A&H has only 2 positions, with NO poition really being fast enough for real scratching. Also, I wouldn´t like the line fader caps, which look like the ones from their live mixers. I´d change them to the standard slim fader heads. Hope that is possible...

The Pioneer follows its 500 and 600 models, so I know a lot more about this one. Crossfader Curve has 3 positions, but I already saw a guy scratching with it, and it looked usable.

Sound quality should be OK, although I read somewhere that it´s not as crisp and powerful as the A&H.

So, does anyone of you have experience with one of these? Or Alternatives?

Hope my english is not too bad...

my dj homie is actually torn between the exact same two... after taking a look at both and talking to people who have used both...

neither are REALLY for scratching and turntablist... however the pioneer is better all around (scratching, effects, good sound, and you can find them in a lot of your top clubs)

Allen and heath have great sound... however it's not really a scratch mixer... not really a hiphop mixer, they are known for their studio consoles which are great... but not really for dj mixers...

taking all the info in if your more into trance or house i might consider allen and heath... but if your into hiphop... save yourself some frustration and go with the one with a proven track record.

pioneer

Back