DJing:What are the best startup turntables?

J

JmoneyBaggz

I want to know what are the best turntables to start-up for scratching and for djing a party. I don't mind buying two sets for each function, but would like know which turntables are best to start-up for each, respectively.

Thanks for any help!

you cant go wrong with Technic 1200's...I have been beating up mine for years and never had a problem.

Dont bother to buy cheap equipment, especially turntables. It will cost you more money in the long run. Cheap Turntable breakdown rather fast.

Thanks for the help y'all. Any more insight would be great!

I would recommend buying high end turntable like technics sl1200. They are really afforbable used and maintain they value so if you have to sell them, you will lost 0$ or even sold them higher.

I love sl1200, they are smooth, aren't torq freak like vestax or ttx but have the own feeling.

Unlike most questions of what is best for this and that on these forums this question isnt a matter of taste the best sets you can buy for DJing is Technic 1200's period.

By start up are you meaning for learning with or the actual speed at which they take to reach full speed?

In any case, yes definately Technics, 1200's or 1210's. They are the industry standard and will last you a while.

When I first started I bought a cheap pair of Sound Lab belt drive turntables. Once I got used to them and had some cash saved up I bought a set of Technics M3 1210's (Direct Drive) and had to learn all over again! Completely different to the belt drive ones I had.

Belt drive's are probably cheaper if you don't have the money right now but i'd maybe save up and go for a set of technics.

One more thing for you to consider: Why not buy CD turntables?

I'm a vinyl lover but if I had the option and money for an update I would definately buy a set of Pioneer CDJ 1000's now over any turntables. Why?

Easier to carry around your music collection.
Loads of built in features.
Very similar to playing vinyl with the technology they have now.

These would be ideal for you if your going to be doing alot of scratching or for simply mixing tracks.

If your still wanting to go for the turntables I suggest you get some robust stylus and needles i.e. stanton. Stay away from concord ones as they are more for mixing.

Hope this helps;)

The 12's are definitely a sure shot! Like Mike said, you can't go wrong. The thing is, other brands of so-called "good" turntables have been there for a minute compared to the 12's so... who knows where they'll be in 10 years from now. The 12's have already passed the test of longevity. One of my tables is actually 11 years old, and i bought it used 6 years ago. Never had a problem with it!

Back