dj signify and his set-up

dirtysouth

yo what up I saw dj signify about a month ago in nashville.

And I was loved what he was doing but confused as to what he was doing up there.

Like all he had was one Numark CDX and a rane mixer i think and a mac book pro. Didn't know what he was running on there tho.

Like from what I saw he wasn't really mixing block head was doing the mixing on the computer, and he pretty much was just scratching on the tracks.

Has anyone ever seen him live can elaborate on what he was doing up there.

And by the way I was intoxicated during his show partly why I am asking this lol:p

hey dude...

they had the same setup here in vancouver...blockhead was probably running ableton, and dj signify was just scratching using the CDX. Id imagine Blockheads laptop was one of the channels and signify was on the other. So just replacing the second turntable with blockheads computer essentially.

it was a dope show nonetheless.

yea it was a very dope ass show the mixing was seamless which lead me to think ableton live and the scratching was great.

yeahh..thinking from a producers point of view, it makes sense to use ableton live to mix, because then he can mix and match. Bassline from one track, beat from another. Everything would be on time anyway thanks to ableton, but still an awesome show...

Last edited:
Back