Crabs

P

P_Wilson

Hey FP,
I was just wondering how long it took everyone to get their crabs down fresh. I've been scratching for a year now and I was just wondering, I know it's not a competition but still I just wanna know.

- Wilson out

P_Wilson said:
Hey FP,
I was just wondering how long it took everyone to get their crabs down fresh. I've been scratching for a year now and I was just wondering, I know it's not a competition but still I just wanna know.

- Wilson out

Took me couple weeks to learn it, then like 4 months to Master (Well i feel like i've mastered it, they seem easy to me :P could just be muscle memory though :P)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh..you guys got crabs...THATS JUST NASTY!!!...LOL...j/k

to be honest it took me like a year..lol..but i wasnt practicin too often ..lik i would just try it like once every motnh.but i eventually got em down

I been scratching for 4 weeks and i have no idea how to do them:D

It took me a few months to get the hang of it, but to incorporate into freestyles is completely different. To me they are not that important, if you don't have other more basic skillz then the crab is of no use...... They do sound dope when done well though...Mr Thing has them down really well.

i suck at crabs, i think its taken me longer to master crabs than any other scratch (many months now)..

i think its coz ive got a short pinky finger :(

right!!

having problems with crabs??

dont put to much prssure on the x fader!! keep your wrist quite limp use your thumb just as a spring, so it needs to be limp too! if you put pressure on the fader, forcing it back and brush your fingers across it you are making hard work for yourself, you will get frustrated cos you cant get a continuation of sounds and you will end up with a gallop of clicks,

loosen up, use just enough pressure to input the sounds without too much phisical force, if you do it hampster then you need to do it slightly different but the sae applys!!

dont rent your thumb on the actual mixer face plate!! keep your hands, thumb clear of the face plate and you will improve, its not a heavy action which needs alot of pressure, if you do, then you are just creating more work for your self!!

Farmski said:
right!!

having problems with crabs??

dont put to much prssure on the x fader!! keep your wrist quite limp use your thumb just as a spring, so it needs to be limp too! if you put pressure on the fader, forcing it back and brush your fingers across it you are making hard work for yourself, you will get frustrated cos you cant get a continuation of sounds and you will end up with a gallop of clicks,

loosen up, use just enough pressure to input the sounds without too much phisical force, if you do it hampster then you need to do it slightly different but the sae applys!!

dont rent your thumb on the actual mixer face plate!! keep your hands, thumb clear of the face plate and you will improve, its not a heavy action which needs alot of pressure, if you do, then you are just creating more work for your self!!

best advice ever..

If any of you have a finalscratch/serato record, throw it on. It is very useful. It's a constant tone so you can hear exactly how your crabs sound.

Man I can remember the first time I got that skratch down clean. It took me about 4 months to feel confident doing it with precision but BEWARE, the crab is one of those HIGHLY ADDICTIVE skratches, because it makes you sound fast if done right. But make sure you pratice other skratches as well.

^ Yeah I know what you mean. When learning to do some really clean scribbles between scratches, I used them all of the time. (I don't know if theres an actual term for them). But it will help you get your technique better if anything

supprisingly enough it sounds like a crab with mixed content!!

the best thing to do is just play around with different pitches of sound manipulation!!

crabs ever tears then uzis done in succession sound mint though!!

You know Cazualefx I have not tried that in one fluent motion but i have tried it by doing crab, then scribble, but im going to try that to see if anything comes out of it

its not like a decent technique!! if you get it spot on it gives like a flutters scribble sound!! nothing out of this world!!

Farmski said:
its not like a decent technique!! if you get it spot on it gives like a flutters scribble sound!! nothing out of this world!!
Yeah, I think if I could get my scribbles and crabs down like Qbert does in the DIY Vol. 1, than I think it would sound out of this world(but than again Qbert's a Alien)lolz

Last edited:
Back