copyright question

DavidJofficial

Hello everybody, i have a few question about copyright issues i dont realy understand how its work.
If i use a famous dj producers songs to djing in a club or like in youtube, do i get copyright issues? or how do i can avoid it?

Hello everybody, i have a few question about copyright issues i dont realy understand how its work.
If i use a famous dj producers songs to djing in a club or like in youtube, do i get copyright issues? or how do i can avoid it?

Putting a video on youtube with copyrighted tracks will probably give you some issues, it depends on the label what they will do exactly. Most labels will allow you to use their songs if you allow them to advertise in your video, also your video will not be displayed in Germany (they got strict policies there), and they will disable your video to be played on mobile devices (even though the user can switch to 'desktop'-mode to see it anyway). In most extreme cases they can remove all sound from your video or take it off entirely, it happened to me once. Other than that no lawsuits or anything if you decide to co-operate with them.

In clubs there can be problems also, but in practice i don't think this is much of an issue, most of the times the club itself pays a certain amount of money to i-don't-know-what - instution so they are allowed to play all kinds of copyright music.

Back