Connecting monitors to DJ Controller

kmano

Ok so I've bought Twitch recently which has audio interface build in it, but I have no idea what kind of cable should I use to connect it to my Yamaha HS80 monitors.

Normally when I produced they are connected to my Apogee One interface with this cable -> _bp6919.jpg

So now when I want to connect my monitors to Twitch, controllers has two TRS master outs which look like that -> Zrzut ekranu 2013-08-14 o 17.24.41.png

So the question is, how do I connect it all? Do I need to buy completely new cable and switch it up on my monitors everytime I stop to produce and want to practice my DJing? I am totall noob when it comes to cables, so If anyone could help me a bit that would be much appreaciated!

I would get a switchbox (you can get very expensive speaker/device control centers, or something as simple as this from Radio Shack: 4-IN / 1-OUT Composite A/V Selector switch : Selectors and switches | RadioShack.com ). Connect your devices to the switchbox control, label the buttons, and connect the LR outputs of the box to your speakers. Use the 1/4" TRS on your Yamahas, rather than XLR. You will need some 1/4" to RCA adaptors (also available at Rat Shack or through other audio dealers).

You can get a more expensive box with TRS and/or XLR connections, but I'd get one of the simple ones.

GJ

Back