Can I play 128 kbps mp3 as a DJ?

You can do whatever you want! If you feel it works, than do it. I'd try and get a higher quality copy though if possible.

so what would you suggest to counter that bad advice or more importantly what is that bad advice and then why is it bad advice?????

so what would you suggest to counter that bad advice or more importantly what is that bad advice and then why is it bad advice?????

See my post above, I find it ridiculous that you want me to explain why low quality mp3s are not suitable for a club. My advice would be to forget about the gig. You say there will be well known heads there? You really think they will be impressed by your set? Whats the rush to play out? Id wait til I had loseless WAVs of all my tunes than play poor quality lossy mp3 rips off soundcloud. And the money shouldnt be an issue how much do you think a vinyl release costs and there are plenty of us out their still willing to spend £7/$10 on a track or two. Btw soundcloud converts files to 128kbps for playback on the site, if you download a track you get the original uploaded file whether its 128, 320, 16bit WAV etc

I am not the original poster - I was just trying to get you to post something helpful rather than the blunt assessment that there was bad advice in the thread - if you go back and look carefully you will read that I wrote everything you did right at the start of the thread and a lot more besides.

I am not the original poster - I was just trying to get you to post something helpful rather than the blunt assessment that there was bad advice in the thread - if you go back and look carefully you will read that I wrote everything you did right at the start of the thread and a lot more besides.

Im not looking for an arguement mate but all you told him was to buy loseless from now on. As I said earlier refer to my first post which hadnt been mentioned and is probably the biggest reason to avoid using low quality lossy formats. I dont mean any offence but this is basic stuff and im no audiophile.

Last edited:
Back