Biamp SCM7600 mixer

S

Seegweed

I recently heard that this mixer is about the best ever made. Never heard of it before though. Have anyone tried it?
I found one for sale but I'm unable to try it before buying so I need some help to decide.

regards, Thomas

Seegweed said:
I recently heard that this mixer is about the best ever made. Never heard of it before though. Have anyone tried it?
I found one for sale but I'm unable to try it before buying so I need some help to decide.

regards, Thomas

Well this was hardly the best mixer ever made... (I don't think there can be such a thing anyway)

BUT, I had one man years ago and I would say at the time it was certainly one of the few "professional" quality DJ mixers out there (there was really only the Rane MP24)

It had a lot of features for the day, although like the MP24 it lacks per channel EQ and some other things. I believe it had one of the earliest VCA crossfaders too.

All in all a solid mixer if you like the featureset and the price is right.

Another all-important question... For how much?
-Peasant Nikon

Re: Re: Biamp SCM7600 mixer

engineroom said:

Well this was hardly the best mixer ever made... (I don't think there can be such a thing anyway)

BUT, I had one man years ago and I would say at the time it was certainly one of the few "professional" quality DJ mixers out there (there was really only the Rane MP24)

It had a lot of features for the day, although like the MP24 it lacks per channel EQ and some other things. I believe it had one of the earliest VCA crossfaders too.

All in all a solid mixer if you like the featureset and the price is right.

actually i am mistaken- i went and found a picture of one- it did have two separate EQs, one for each side of the xfader, a fairly rare feature at the time

everything's here ;

http://www.phase-acoustics.de/biamp.htm

biamp DJ5600 :
sdj5600.gif

biamp SCM7600 :
sscm7600.gif

Enjoy :cheers:

Yes it's the best mixer ever,60 watts output when all these new crap mixers only have about 10 watts.If you're a mixing Dj it gives you the best blend to blend by sound.

Back