Best resources on learning how to DJ?

N

neptunes_ruby

I know this is totally a noob question, and I apologize in advance. I've been producing for a little while now, but I have *no* idea on where to start in terms of DJing. Can anybody point me to a thread, website, book, video, or video playlist that gives a good overview of DJing and how to DJ?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I advise looking on youtube , you need to pick your format first and there are a lot of formats my friend , i started on a pair of numarks 10 years ago , they did me well , they got me into it , but i wasn't producing at the time ,
So i was just seeing if i would stick at it!! But if you have been producing you might want to use a laptop and interface if your going to play your own tracks too it makes things simpler , you can still use the majority of your time on production without having to constantly practice .

I own 2 pioneer cdj 2000's and a d 900 nxs ,
I have always use cdjs , some people frown upon laptop djs , i used to be one of them , but its accepted everywhere now so keep that as an option pall !!!

Youtube tutorials. Find DJs in your town that you may be able to take lessons from. I learned by practice. I read all the manuals and reviews and tips on how to transition and blend and everything. DJtechtools.com is a great website to check out. As well as DJ Mixing Step by Step | DJing Tips and digitaldjtips.com

Back