Best portable cost no object speakers?

F

Fromundacheese

(well maybe not cost no object but under $3000 a pair)
Hi all, I am in search of some hard hitting good sounding speakers ...I have my eye on JBLs SRX series speakers (specifically the SR4733X), are their any other I should consider ?
Note that these speakers will be complimented with a dual 18" JBL sub.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bar I play at has just got a new setup, they got the a couple of dual JBL 18" 1100W Subs which are the dogs blx, but they got a pair of JBL Eon's to go with them, very tasty, they've got built in amplifiers which makes 'em nice and portable (you can just plug 'em into the master output of your mixer!). Plus a crossover and a huge 1100w bass amp (can't remember what makes, sorry).

Does any of that help?

Also take a look at the Mackie SRM-450's... they're also powered, 450w, 12", very clear sound and if you put them with a sub it'll be awesome!
They cost about 600$-700$ a piece....

The EONs absolutely blow! I used to own a pair, and they have very poor bass output and the highs are ear-piercing. The Mackie's ROCK (plus that blue light is cool on the front)!!! I work for an entertainment company that uses those. If you don't want a speaker with a built-in amp, then the best way in my book to go would be EAW. These are very expensive cabinets (around $3000) a pair, but they will rock your world. Check out the LA series. They are very sturdy, heavy, and cool looking (and they can put out over 130db without distortion). Most huge clubs I go to usually have EAW rigs too.:victory:

i second that EAW call about quality. not sure how good their portable speakers are, but they are the best bang for buck installation speakers. most of the clubs i play at use large european expensive speakers. but any gig thats not at a club and a pa is required its always EAW. or if they need to reinforce sound beacuse theirs a bigger crowd or an international playing its EAW

EAW, Mackie, or Mayer

for the money, you'll get the most bang for your buck with the Mackies....but the Mayer powered speakers and EAW's will blow your mind.

and DO NOT BUY the EONS....they are cheap

i also forgot, Electro Voice can make some serious subs. definetly get a sub/satellite combo, whatever you do

Last edited:
Is their any place online that I can purchase EAW or Mayer speakers at a decent price(in the US)?

I guess when I say portable I mean a ruggedly built cabinet with handles on it, they can be rather large since I have a van.

Thanks

Have you tried the JBL Eon 15 G2's? They kick some serious *** - double the power of the original Eon 15P's with bass response down to 30Hz.

And they don't need a fan to keep them cool.

speakers, especially expensive ones, arent the sort of investment you should make online based solely upon our advice......got to a retailer or pa hire operation and test them in real life for yourself testing their cpaabilities etc.

Back