Best DJ equipment ?

Pioneer DDJ-SX is an absolute beast and runs around $1000, might be $1100 or so. Highly recommend this controller, comes with serato software(which is free anyways). I haven't used many controllers in my life but anything else I have used seems incredibly limited. Some traktor controllers are passable but they seem miniscule compared to this thing. However its a beast to lug around 100% worth it IMO.

Now it comes down to personal preference on software or just USB sticks. However if you are using serato I would say go for the DDJ-SX

Pioneer DJ

EDIT: also heard white gets dirty so i'd go black one. Look around for some other input as the software you start with (or usb stick whatever) is probably the method you will stick to most. CDJ's or vinyl would be an awesome option as well but probably throw you way over the $1000 budget

Last edited:
The issue here is that the sx is a midi controller and you need a decent laptop to use it. The laptop itself will go over your budget. Do you have a dj laptop already or at least a computer to prep files on?

Back