Belts to direct

chrisH

Well starting out on belt-drives is ok. I started out on Gemini belts and about 2 months later got 1200's. When going from belts to direct drive you will have to get use to the change. It took me about 1 month to become somewhat comfortable. But it is ok to practice and play on belts if thats all you can afford. Some of the top Dj's started on crappy belt tables. There is nothing like Technics so start saving and get you a pair of 1200's.

chrisH

Thanks for posting this, it is a hard choice when you want to get your first pair of decks. I like your last line and it seems that there is nothing better than the technics after all..

decks-beginning

Keep in mind alot of people who start learning to DJ give it up in time. So it is good to get cheap tables so if you decide DJing is not for you, you wont loss money on a pair of Technics. All the clubs use Technics - this is the industry standard. Remember to ask yourself why you want to DJ. Is it because you like the music and think its hip?
or Is it because you Love Music and want to create your own musical journey? The second should be your answer. It is not easy to learn but it is simple. I have had former musical training which helped alot but you dont have to have any musical background, but it does help.

So to all beginners - go get yourself a new cheap par of belt tables and start learning. Learning how to mix is really up to you. People will give you advice but you have to study the art - ask ?'s. Listen to mix CD's. Search the web. Talk to other DJ's and be patient. You wont be mixing smoothly in a couple of months. Just make it a hobby and remember you have plenty of time to learn. So good luck and let the music Set you Free.

chrisH

Back