Beat Juggling practice run.

I'm not a fan of beat juggling as most the time it sounds like sloppy shit, on that note I have to say you are a rare exception. For a practice run that was an incredibly clean juggle. I'm not sure of your scratch skillz but if you have any you should slap together a 2 minute routine and enter the DMC online competition.
Keep it up.

"Not perfect but definitely sounding good"
I'm sorry, there are a few mistakes, but for a minute beat juggle that was about as clean as it gets. He pauses the record in between each beat with silence. His cuts are on point, beat pauses are on point, the only real flaw I saw was towards the end where his pauses and cuts where a little off. Either way, I suck at juggling and understand the dedication it takes to get it on point and compared to most this guys on point.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys. In all honesty and I'm being completely honest. I only practiced this routine twice before hitting record.I really wanted to showcase the strobe patterns 0:39. More of my strength than composing change ups with the melody.

very nice man good shit. How long have you been spinning? It's good to see other people that still appreciate real turntablism!Check my posts soon in the producer feedback area

funky man, the only advice I could give off this is that when you're doing the tripling at the end I see that you're leaving the fader in the middle for most of it, which is actually pretty clever and probably ideal at fast tempos, but I think if you actually cross the fader for each note (like Total Eclipse for example), it'll give you a bit cleaner sound and you have a bit more control on each note. I'm just going off this 1 vid so maybe you do it like that already and just decided to switch it up for this vid, if so then just ignore all that :)

Sounding phat man. the slowed down patted bit doesn't need you to use the fader at all you could just leave the fader in the middle and pat and it will sound the same.If you want the fader to change that pattern you have to use it at the start of the sound not the end. I hope that makes sense. Try that pattern with left hand doing bass and snare and right hand just hitting the high hats in between. then it starts to get a real nice variance
let me know if you don't get me and i will post you a vid if needed.
Peas and Glove.
If you want to check my stuff i have just entered the online DMC this year so give it a look and a vote if you like. I go by the name of DJ Calleja

Back