Anybody rip audio off DVDs? how do you?

O

oldskule

Want to rip some music tracks and samples off DVDs and can't figure it out... I've got Roxio but do I need other software or ? to do this?
I'd like to find out how to...
Thanks in advance

Two optional ways:

1). If you have a DVD drive on your computer and a way to record "what you hear" on your computer to any audio program, then you can just play the DVD. Go to the part of the movie you want to sample and record. I do this into Cool Edit or Sound Forge. Generally, you have to make the change in your soundcard settings as far as the signal the system records.

2). Put the DVD in a regular DVD player. Connect the audio output to your soundcard or interface. You might have Buy an adapter from RCA to 1/4" to make appropiate connections.

zionproductions said:
Two optional ways:

1). If you have a DVD drive on your computer and a way to record "what you hear" on your computer to any audio program, then you can just play the DVD. Go to the part of the movie you want to sample and record. I do this into Cool Edit or Sound Forge. Generally, you have to make the change in your soundcard settings as far as the signal the system records.

2). Put the DVD in a regular DVD player. Connect the audio output to your soundcard or interface. You might have Buy an adapter from RCA to 1/4" to make appropiate connections.

I prefer option 1... its alot easier, just might take some time to load up on soundforge depending on your DVD reader speed. Good Luck

Back