Advice about a new mixer

Hitchhiker90

I'm somewhat of a newbie to mixing and djing, and I came to realize I need to upgrade my mixer to something that will fit my needs a little bit better. I currently have a gemini pdm-1008 with built in sampler, but that is all it has, just the sampler and 2 channels. I am looking for another mixer with 2 channels but also has the adjustment knobs for treble, bass, and mids.

I think I narrowed it down to 3 mixers that I'm interested in:
Gemini PS-525 Pro
Numark DM-1001x
Vestax PCM-17a

I read in another post that Gemini just doesn't have the quality you would expect, so I'm still debating on that one. I like the Numark, and I really really like the Vestax. Do you know where I can get a used Vestax PCM-17a or just get a refurbished one for cheap? Also has anyone tried that Gemin PS-525 Pro? I would like to hear more about it before I purchase that.

Any advice will be appreciated.

from experience in all fields of life: "GO FOR THE GOOD $HIT" :D
if ur really into it go buy the Vestax mixer, cost about X2+ from the others but it's another league, it will last (need i say longer? LOL), MUCH higher quality and basically u don't throw ur money, i once checked one of the Gemini PS mixer (FOR A FRIEND NOT FOR ME!) and they are plain crap, i'm a guy with little hands (u won't believe how little) like the girls got and it was hard to me using the EQ not talking about other ppl with normal man sized fingers! (Gemini PS = Gemini PIECE of $H*T)

hope i helped u

Angelic, thank you, you sure did help me. I guess its settled, I'll get the vestax mixer because of the good posts I have read about it on here. I don't want to pay $300, but what the hell, its gonna last me for a while and hopefully it'll be the last one I buy for a while.

GO FOR GOLD

Hey only one way to go --- > VESTAX !!!!! actually i can list some more mixers for a little more mullah tell me if ur interested

Back