• Stephen Watts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dmajor100

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • kimmern

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
Nice chops kimmern, nice drums pun
Nice flip man, if i didnt know better i would havent known it was a sampled beat, Good shyt!

yeah, Kimmern definitely on point with the chops man, nice flip real smooth.

this was a pretty good battle, nice work people. Everybody has a different style, we should do another one after this...

Thanks guys. Nice flips and good work. Very different styles going on. Just give me a holler if you want to battle again. I´m down :)

@Bigpun - has a great old school feel, great flip

@watts - not diggin the drum pattern, feels way too stiff

@dmajor - the high end is harsh with those high chimes or whatever they are but I dig the spacey vibe

@Kimmern - nice and smooth, diggin this one

it was between Kimmern and Bigpun for me - - re-listened to both and had to give it up to Pun

grover washingtons the sea lion i think is the sample i was talking about

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

if yall wanna do another battle pm me for the sample ill email it

@Bigpun - Good Old School Vibe something that would fit well back during the era that you sampled from.

@watts - I turned it off not feeling the drums at all and it started getting worse the longer I listened. I made it about 45seconds

@dmajor - I was diggin this because its a more current take on the sample chopping something you could hear in the current music era. Gotta watch the crashes though fine line between them enhancing the drums and being too loud.

@Kimmern - I placed my vote on this one because I really do like the vibe this creates and everyone tried to make it hard / grimy and you came in and made it a track that reminds of those days at the skating rink lol

i go for pun on this one, he had scratches ,no one does scratching anymore, and kimerns intro was dope, but the loop was alright to me.

Back