(November Sample Battle Round 1) J.A.Y. vs. Nicky Line

Who's beat do you like better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
good looks nicky yours was dope as well... let the voting begin aha

Goin with Nicky Line.

Good to hear the "Let The Drums Speak" break being used tho JAY!

had to go wit nicky on this one, nice smooth track. i liked JAY's sample use, but the drums lost me. both good tracks though

ummmm, im goin jay, close one almost went with nick but jay, beat woulda been better w/o the break, especially in a battle nah mean? not to say u didnt do ya thing tho.

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 AM ----------

damn this shit neck n neck

Sounds liek niether of you were really feeling this sample or something... Percussion on both sides is pretty blah... Nicky's got the better sounding mix tho imo..

Besides that i honestly wasnt really feeling either very much compared to some of the other submissions in this battle...

Jay, I suppose i like your use of the sample better. That smooth trombone is dope, unfortunately i feel that your percussion is weaker then nicky's... And in a situation where the sample and flip arent amazingly hot, I feel the quality of the beat hinges on how well the percussion is put together!

Both flips were dope...Went with Nicky, but J would've had it with different drums

Yea I know what u mean mate i tried it with other drums i just couldnt really find or get down what was in my head... Im still pretty new to all this and Im learning and hopefully improving!

Back