Meet Beast-Mode: January's Battle4Exposure Winner

ProducerJC

IndieHost
Beast-Mode has proven that talent and promotion work well together on a late new power marketing campaign which included reading and responding to over FP 100 threads. By simply asking forum members to vote he was able to promote his music, gain feedback, and win a collaborative promo deal that includes exposure on active websites with enthusiastic hip hop follower; including this exclusive interview.

What city are you from?

New York currently livin in south Florida

How long have you been a member of Future Producers?
I have been a member since '06 this site is always the go to site for me as far as all around music production is concerned.Whether I needed info on some new hardware i was thinking about getting or looking for new software to incorporate into my setup. It really is a great site to get multiple opinion's on a particular topic.Unfortunately when i come to this site it is always as a student so I never really posted much.Now that i have some experience i feel more comfortable giving out my opinion so ill be around the threads more giving advice as well as learning.

What inspired you to become a producer?
Overall I'd have to say my pops he would always get me or my brother to play the drums for him while he played guitar i was always the shy kid so i did not always play when he asked but when i did the look on his face was priceless.The fact that he played the drum's,keyboard and guitar and pretty much anything else he put his hands on to me it made him seem like a Puerto Rican super hero of sorts lol every friday and saturday he would have jam sessions with his friends and just made music in general a normal everyday part our lives.That was the spark that started it for me living in a basement apartment in the bronx (my pops was the super of the building)we did not have much but we always had the music... that till this day still resonates with me so long story short i most likely would not have got in music production if it were not for those early days of my older bro and my pops keeping music in the air at all times and keeping me involved

When did you start making beats?
started putting idea's together when i was about 15 a friend told me about a program called fruity loops so as soon as i got home from school one day I jumped on the computer and downloaded it.It was 4.0 at the time and seemed pretty simple till i started using it then i was like damn! lol.. this is pretty complicated but as time went on i got better and was putting together actual beats as bad as the chops were and as lame as the drums sounded there were comprehensive beats that you could nod your head to.I remember the first time inviting a friend over to here one as whack as it was my dude indulged me and told me "this shit is bananas my ni**a" (the beat was definitely not bananas) lol but hearing that gave me the confidence i needed to keep going at it so 15 is when it all got started for me

What equipment did you start out with?
My computer and fl studio till this day it's the center of my studio.I tried reason around the same time i tried fl for the first time it had some great synth's but the overall ease of use of fl was to much to give up for reason for me.

What’s your favorite tool to use when producing music? How come?
As far as hardware goes i have a keystation 61 es since all my work is done in a DAW i have had my 61 es since i was 17 that is the most used piece of hardware i have mostly because i use fl studio if you have ever used fl studio with out a midi keyboard and you have had to use your computer keyboard it can be annoying to say the least.I have had mutiple mpc's a triton,motif but i keep finding myself going back to software for the workflow.From a software point of view i mostly use nexus2 and Steinberg Hypersonic inside of FL studio... 2 of the best vst's i have come across.At the end of the day any producers most powerful tool is themselves.Learn as much about what your doing as possible.It really is all about the individual and what They can do as opposed to what their equipment can do.

Are you current working on anything new? If so, tell us about it…
To be honest I'm more of a freelance producer most of the beats i make i give to friends or people who's music I'm felling that i would not mind being apart of.There is one kid named Arkade (www.facebook.com/hiarkade) that i have been submitting music to just because a friend showed me his youtube channel and i was feeling his style of music so I've bin going back and forth with him submitting stuff for his first mixtape then there's J hypnotic (www.reverbnation.com/jhypnotiq) RS-NAL (RS-Nal | Pompano Beach, FL | Hip Hop / R&B | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation) THEORY (TH3ORY's sounds on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free) these are people i mess with on the daily basis just cause they are all something different and they all like different beats so they keep me on my toes when it comes to producing i like seeing what the individual like's and then see if i can produce for that specific artist.That is something i have been practicing on lately.

Do you plan to defend your title as Battle Champ? Or, are you retiring?
I already entered my beat this should be a good battle this month I'm definitely looking forward to this one...I might hang it up if i win this one but who knows might pull a jordan and come back again lol.

www.facebook.com/BeastMode4030
www.reverbnation.com/beastmode4030
www.soundcloud.com/beastmode4030

From the looks of it I missed Battle4Exposure... Can someone tell me what exactly is it? Like do you have to upload yourself rapping, does it have to be an acapella, is it just a beat etc. like what exactly is it and when is the next one being held??

The next competition will be held on July 1st. At that time the details will be released with battle specifics. This upcoming competition is for producers who make custom rap and hip hop beats. We're working with artists who look for producers to work with, these beats will be exposed on a scale larger than other battles. If you regularly check emails, sign up for the newsletter here. A communication blast will go out on the day the competition starts, be sure to join the newsletter and follow my social networks.

Last edited:
Back