Votes: 6 100.0%
  • [F_or_DEAF]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ What do you mean?

what did you think I meant by "I got a beat ready RIGHT NOW"

I always planned on posting this.

I was expecting you post some ish you already did too.

I was expecting you post some ish you already did too.

yeah...just didn't think you was gonna come w/ a "song" beat...i mean BATTLES are different from SONGS, right?

take RocBattle for example...their battles are for specified amounts of times...BATTLE TIMES...

when i'm posting a "battle TIME" track, and you're posting a "song TIME" track, shit starts gettin' lopsided...

but i hear you though...if the joint that you was gonna post was 5:00+, then it is what it is...that's just not "typical" BATTLE etiquette...

$.02

yeah...just didn't think you was gonna come w/ a "song" beat...i mean BATTLES are different from SONGS, right?

take RocBattle for example...their battles are for specified amounts of times...BATTLE TIMES...

when i'm posting a "battle TIME" track, and you're posting a "song TIME" track, shit starts gettin' lopsided...

but i hear you though...if the joint that you was gonna post was 5:00+, then it is what it is...that's just not "typical" BATTLE etiquette...

$.02

Aiight fair enough. A beat is really just a beat in my head, if I think it's hot enough to beat somebody I'll battle w/ it, lol. I was goin off of how things were did in the FPBL and the FP challenge

voted ISK. Beats hot. Don't sell the shit for 99cent, got dammit!

F_or_Deaf Idk, sounds like something is off pitched to me. I hear you though, liked the drums.

To be fair ForDeaf I wouldn't have voted for that beat even if it was a 1 hour special...no hate

I was goin off of how things were did in the FPBL and the FP challenge

i can dig that...hopefully the next round of the FPBL has "battle etiquette" as a factor...

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

I wouldn't have voted for that beat even if it was a 1 hour special...

what kind of beats get your vote? what exactly do you look for when you judge battle beats?

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

sounds like something is off pitched to me

did it on purpose prolly...

liked the drums.

yeah man...i stay on that unorthodox shit...lol

DAAAMN ISK!

You got some serious fire son, beat is crazy...It has a nice "commercial" sound but without losing soul (loved those high pitched vocal samples), very clean and nice progressions.

Reminds me a little of Andrew Lloyd's style, he also got that nice balance between slick and soulfull.

Imma download this shit and sell it on Soundclick! lol

@Fyles

You improved from your D'ranged battle days but It's still too messy for my taste...
Like you said yourself, It did feel like a battle track, and there were parts where the beat kinda took off, but then some strange sound comes in and ruines the vibe again.

There's a synth line in there that isn't in tune with the rest.

Isk FTW

Once again,this guy invalidates his opinion on anything relating to music. I don't even see why this battle was entertained as a serious challenge. I knew what the beat was going to sound like before I clicked it. It's apparent that being ignorant with wack beats is simply his online gimmick;there is no way that he thought that beat had a chance against....anyone.

Stop attention whoring....please.

I didn't vote because this battle is not worthy of judgement...Sir Isaac wins automatically due to the lack of challenge and serious opponent.

Sounds like white people on an acid trip sneaked into your studio and sabotaged your shit.

yeah...that's actually my lane, god-damn it...lol

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Sir Isaac wins automatically due to the lack of challenge and serious opponent.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion...thanks for posting in the thread
:smokinFP:

---------- Post added at 06:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

It's still too messy for my taste...

word, word...i don't even like "clean" sounds...lol

ForDeaf for generic battles I listen objectively...whichever beat sounds the best put together/makes me nod my head the most I vote for that one. Generally 95% of people vote this way. You could theoretically win a battle with just a crazy drum loop if the other person presents an avant garde movie score(assuming the battle isn't for best movie scores).

^ lol @ F

Man, 'preciate the feed Rocka, I was trying to make a Breathe pt. II more for 2011. I just thought that it had been a while since I heard a beat with that vibe n I tried to do something similar. N man Ima hunt you down if you rip this sh!t, no lie! I've had this beat for about 3 weeks, but I donno if I want to SC it or not. I've had that discussion before, but.....this one's different...... lol.

and the votes to those who did, and also Modus' refusal, lol

Good battle F, you WHORE!!!!

lol

Last edited:
Fyle- the beat is all over the place nothing really structured just a bunch of randomness but I'm well aware that that's what u like to do just doesn't sound musically pleasing to the ear at all.

Isk- decent track I would probably layer the saw bass or low pad(whatever is playing the bassline) with a sine following the melody to bring it out more. If there is one turn it up a tad. I wasn't to particular of the change up after the initial 16 bars would have just brought the chours back in like how it was in the beginning of the beat. Maby have the change up as a bridge after the second or third chours. That's just me though. Other than that no real complaints

Last edited:
^ Preciate the critique, sir!
You hit on all the things that had me shaky but I didn't/did end up following through with. The quietness bugged me too, I push the limiter up much more and it starts sounding really smashed, so I'm kinda stumped on getting it louder. It might be too much bass or something.

As far as the pattern change, I hear you man, I really just copied the Breathe pattern and put down my own sounds and drums. If it wasn't for the pattern change, I guess this beat would have NOTHING in common with that one....which could be a good thing.

Back