!BEAT BATTLE! rickyada VS abstraKt Beats

Whos beat did YOU like?

• abstraKt Beats

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Rickyada

Votes: 73 76.8%

• Total voters
had to go wit Abstrak.. Just sounds clean and the drum kit is nice.. Not to take anything away from ricks beat cause that was dope too. Clean vs Grimey fo sho...

i'm feelin rick's more even though it was peaking on the low end like the whole time lol, check your mix bro. also the sample chops were kind of rough outside the beat. but still dope!

i'm feelin rick's more even though it was peaking on the low end like the whole time lol, check your mix bro. also the sample chops were kind of rough outside the beat. but still dope!
i know. i don't know how to mix or master yet thats summin im trying to work on. any pointers?

i know. i don't know how to mix or master yet thats summin im trying to work on. any pointers?

well i kind of need to know what your set up is what are you monitoring on? headphones, desktop speakers, studio monitors? whatever you're using i'm assuming doesn't have a lot of low end which is why you push it up to the max because you cant hear it right? if this is a case a good rule of thumb would be to export and check your mix on different mediums for example, a boom box, your car, etc. to see how it travels and to get an idea of how your low end travels. also what software or hardware are you using to track?

Last edited:
well i kind of need to know what your set up is what are you monitoring on? headphones, desktop speakers, studio monitors? whatever you're using i'm assuming doesn't have a lot of low end which is why you push it up to the max because you cant hear it right? if this is a case a good rule of thumb would be to export and check your mix on different mediums for example, a boom box, your car, etc. to see how it travels and to get an idea of how your low end travels. also what software or hardware are you using to track?
ya i see what your sayin. the only thing im using is fl studio 9 and some sony dynamic stereo headphones and some weak logitech desktop speakers nothing much really.

ya i see what your sayin. the only thing im using is fl studio 9 and some sony dynamic stereo headphones and some weak logitech desktop speakers nothing much really.

word thats whats up fam we all gotta start from somewhere, headphones are probably the most difficult monitoring method because the sound varies with every set of headphones you buy and they are really near refference, meaning its going to be a super close listening environment. remember that when mixing because a lot of people tend to cut out high end when mixing in headphones because its in your ear so the sibilance is crazy but then when you listen to the mix later on a car stereo it sounds muddy because you took all of that high end out. so make sure you dont take out too much hi's and don't boost the lows all crazy either. headphones are midrange masters. its easy to get a good midrange mix through headphones, this is why alot of engineers mix on multiple monitoring systems for example i have m-audio bx8a's which are mid-refference monitors (as far as distance from your ears) and balanced for low end, mid range, and highs. Then i have audio technica headphones which is near refference, (good for midrange and high's mostly but do pick up some low freq's also, around 80k and up). so i think my mixes turn out pretty well balanced for the most part. i wish i could drop a link to my stuff but i guess my post count isn't big enough yet... lol

There was so much you goyrs could have done with this sample, i think abstrakt did somthing to simple, didn't use the potentiel of the sample. Rockyada needs to chop the sample better, cleaner, and work on the mastering, the kick is to loud. At the end i voted for Abstrakt. Good job both of you, keep going

There was so much you goyrs could have done with this sample, i think abstrakt did somthing to simple, didn't use the potentiel of the sample. Rockyada needs to chop the sample better, cleaner, and work on the mastering, the kick is to loud. At the end i voted for Abstrakt. Good job both of you, keep going
lets hear what u can do then, samples there for u 2 flip.

both beats were ill......respect 2 both producers 4 keepin it hip-hop:)...
voted for ricky......dope beat though abstrak

ricky "kilt" it.

kicks were causing a little distortion, but that can be fixed.

good ass beat.

ONE

P.S. I still reserve the right to not like beats.

Last edited:
Yo I'm voting for Ricky. He used so much more of the sample and really made something out of it, no disrespect to AbstraKt. Obviously it needs a little polishing, but I can hear the raw potential and it is much better.

Back