Zach De La Rocha

JARAMILLO

I had to mention him because he was the **** when rage against the machine were at their prime. People have forget about him completely now because his been out of the scene. His worked with a few artist after R.A.T.M like saul williams ,dj shadow blackalicious just to name a few, but im asking if you would like to see him back with a new album and doing tours and things like that, I mean it would be even better if R.A.T.M returned but that doesnt sound to likely right now.

yea his voice and delivery were crazy. and then the issues he confronted in his rhymes were **** that most wouldn't even go near. Rage was the ****, but their last album wasn't that great.

easily one of the best rappers ever. period. took the public enemy style to a new level, and hes one of the most musically powerful rappers due to the crazy dynamics and rhythm of his vocals. manages triplets and double-time perfectly, screams well. and rage, what a great band. tom morello wailing on guitar thru those fx that make it sound like dj scratching.

zach de la rocha is also one of those rare artists where "you can feel the raw emotion" to such an intense degree. in every word, you can tell that this dude is politically indignant. wish i got to see him live.

im also really thankful to brendan o'brian's production/mixing of those rage records, he really served us up with some proper recordings, as he always does.

he came out in the 90s, when rap was seeing its first (and last) wave of really vocally-strong rappers: 2pac, busta, bone thugs, dmx, wu tang, etc. zach was one of those exceptionally-vocally-strong rappers. too bad people dont rap like that any more.

yall like audioslave? chris cornell is one of the best vocalists of our time, but i dont feel like him and rage came together as well as i expected.

zach de la rocha shelved the solo album he started making, and there is a recorded track on it that was produced by EL-P!!! i hope that one day we get to hear that one.

Last edited:
2nice said:
easily one of the best rappers ever. period. took the public enemy style to a new level, and hes one of the most musically powerful rappers due to the crazy dynamics and rhythm of his vocals. manages triplets and double-time perfectly, screams well. and rage, what a great band. tom morello wailing on guitar thru those fx that make it sound like dj scratching.

zach de la rocha is also one of those rare artists where "you can feel the raw emotion" to such an intense degree. in every word, you can tell that this dude is politically indignant. wish i got to see him live.

im also really thankful to brendan o'brian's production/mixing of those rage records, he really served us up with some proper recordings, as he always does.

he came out in the 90s, when rap was seeing its first (and last) wave of really vocally-strong rappers: 2pac, busta, bone thugs, dmx, wu tang, etc. zach was one of those exceptionally-vocally-strong rappers. too bad people dont rap like that any more.

yall like audioslave? chris cornell is one of the best vocalists of our time, but i dont feel like him and rage came together as well as i expected.

zach de la rocha shelved the solo album he started making, and there is a recorded track on it that was produced by EL-P!!! i hope that one day we get to hear that one.

Yeh I like Audioslave, its not R.A.T.M but im still a fan I would pay to see them live.

I agree with everything you said, im a big fan of all this type of music thats politically drived this music is what makes a difference in everything from how we live and think, its intellegent music and zack really did Rage's music proud.

The reason they split was because the wrest of the guys from rage wanted to get away from the political side of things but zach didnt and ive heard recent things of him and he still sounds like the days when he shouted **** you i wont do what you tell me.

Tom morello is another legend in rock music today his deffently political, his got a organisation called axis of justice with the singer of system of a down(serj tankian) and his just a strong force in music.

I like Chris Cornell aswell, that new song in james bond he did is not bad (you know my name) his got a good rock voice.

Have you heard the song march of death by zach produced by dj shadow, if you havnt , it just shows he hasnt lost his talant at all but just keeps getting more talanted.

Keep listening to this sort of music its awsome!

Zach was supposed to release his solo album in '99. The album never made it out but, he just released a solo track that was orignally meant for his solo debut. The track in my opinion is not nearly what I expected. It just wasn't that sick for waiting 8 years to finally be able to hear. Ever since Lyricist Lounge volume one, I've been waiting to hear him drop something. Overall, I'm not satisfied with his release and I patiently wait for the entire album to drop. Stay up.

MintyFreshBeats said:
I'd like to hear him on a Roots track with Black Thought.
Ive been thinking that for so long!
i would love for de la rocha to come back on a solo album. i mean there would be a really cool uniqueness on that whole album, dont ya think? he's got lyrical content, a strong unique voice and anger.
how much would you love to work with that dude???
wtf is he up to nowadays anyway?

Back