Young Money/Cash Money Signs Production Crew

BeatMakingVideos

Cash Money/Young Money Records is expanding their talent roster once again, with the acquisition of Michigan-based production team The Olympicks.

The Olympicks feature producers Knoxville, Flawless, BP and JayFab. Together, the production team has crafted hits for a wide range of artists, including Big Sean, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, 2Chainz, Kendrick Lamar and others.

”We’re really excited to be a part of the whole movement,” Olympick group member Knoxville told AllHipHop.com. ”We are ready to make history with Baby and the whole YMCMB team.”

The Olympicks have experienced success with Lil Wayne, earning gold and platinum plaques for their work on Lil Wayne’s I Am Not A Human Being, in addition to Rick Ross’ album Teflon Don.

Young Money/Cash Money Signs Production Crew The Olympicks | AllHipHop.com

I hope it goes well for them. With all the bad news wrapped around that label I am surprised a production team would sign with them right now.

^
Nah dont think they care, Birdman and Weezy always talk about how much money they got but they refuse to pay producers and other stuff... I wonder if they really got money or just bluffing errone

^
Nah dont think they care, Birdman and Weezy always talk about how much money they got but they refuse to pay producers and other stuff... I wonder if they really got money or just bluffing errone

That's why they got soo much money lol. Don't pay people.

^

Not only them, a lot of big money people don't actually clear samples. I "heard" that Pimp Daddy still owes Sting and The Police for the "Every Breath You Take" REMAKE. Like all the RENTED cars, jewelry and girls (PROPS) in the music videos . . . fake it 'til you make it. These n***as talk about how much money they have, but like Jay said in "HAM." "N***as got Baby money. N***as ain't got my lady money."

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

That's why they got soo much money lol. Don't pay people.

Don't pay people. As funny as this is, this is the story of the music industry. Not just "black owned" labels (MOTOWN, No Limit, Cash Money, etc.), but THE WHOLE INDUSTRY. Many "young", uneducated people have been pimped out of money because they knew how to make good music but not how to read a contract or have someone to explain their contract to them. Regulations and contracts are made so that the rich get richer and the poor get poorer (more in debt). Maybe since they have their own production team, they can stop cheating people out of their hard earned money but like I mentioned before, the only way these companies stay afloat is by pimping people.

I would have no problem joining them as a producer. Sure we all know they have their issues with paying out producers, but with that knowledge you can prepare for a situation like that. Also when it comes down to a situation like that and it's taken to court they will have to pay up legally.

Cash Money/Young Money Records is expanding their talent roster once again, with the acquisition of Michigan-based production team The Olympicks.

The Olympicks feature producers Knoxville, Flawless, BP and JayFab. Together, the production team has crafted hits for a wide range of artists, including Big Sean, Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, 2Chainz, Kendrick Lamar and others.

”We’re really excited to be a part of the whole movement,” Olympick group member Knoxville told AllHipHop.com. ”We are ready to make history with Baby and the whole YMCMB team.”

The Olympicks have experienced success with Lil Wayne, earning gold and platinum plaques for their work on Lil Wayne’s I Am Not A Human Being, in addition to Rick Ross’ album Teflon Don.

Young Money/Cash Money Signs Production Crew The Olympicks | AllHipHop.com

Ummm...didn't the Olympiks sign with MMG not too long ago?

I would have no problem joining them as a producer. Sure we all know they have their issues with paying out producers, but with that knowledge you can prepare for a situation like that. Also when it comes down to a situation like that and it's taken to court they will have to pay up legally.

Maybe they will have to pay up, MAYBE. Even if you have all the business aspects of your musical creations covered (copyrights title's, contracts, etc) you can still get stolen from in the music industry. Truth is, in ANY court, the thing that matters the most is a lawyer's persuasion. There's plenty of guilty people getting away with crimes because they have good lawyers. The same thing happen's in the music industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Truth be told, the only really "secure" part of the entertainment industry is the writer's (TV shows/movies, etc...) world.
But that's because they actually care about their guild (union) and worked together to pass some laws that made the process of protecting their work simple, yet powerful.....while the music industry (especially the "urban" world) is still back in the 60s, where people try to get ahead of others by f**king them over.

On the other hand, I've seen BIG producers getting ostracized and losing in courts/not being hired anymore, because their egos grew too big and they f**ked with people who had the resources to kill their careers. Or in other words: "Don't try to stab people in the back or they might turn around and shoot you in the face".....or something like that.

I guess artists have the upper hand nowadays and producer don't have much of a choice... unlike a few years ago where there was such a gap in production skills that it was actually the producer who made or broke records..

Guess Ross didn't utilize them so they went and got a contract from another house, which prolly isn't as good as they would have liked but someone gotta feed the family.. Just guesses though.

Back