YOOOOOOOOOOO! Skrillex has had 300+ gigs within 2 yrs?!?

labdummy

@LabDummy
I know he's doing what he loves but *whew*

365 days in a year.. 365 x 2 = 730

730 / 300 = you have a gig about every 2-3 days (if my maths correct & I'm still fairly coherent after recently being deprived of sleep)

Go ahead & 'read it out' by clicking this link: Billboard: Skrillex Has 'Too Many Songs' to Know What to Do With | LabDummy

Personally, I think I could do it.. I actually would absolutely love doing this.. I mean, you do go to the studio almost everyday or every other day right?? So, why not?

And he's still making songs (HITS) and says he has "too many songs"

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I don't think it's that hard to press spacebar and dance to your own beats 3 times a week...I'm sure most of us do that already...Props to his tour manager.

There's people who do close to 300 gigs a year.

I'd gigs 365 for the 200k(last time I heard that's what he's getting) a gig like he's getting. \

The road is a grueling experience, especially when you're now starting off living out of a small vehicle and eating unhealthy fast food

Gotta make the $ while you're hot. In a few years (or whenever), after his peak, he won't have the buzz to support that many shows.

I don't think it's that hard to press spacebar and dance to your own beats 3 times a week...I'm sure most of us do that already...Props to his tour manager.

Exactly! The Roots did 200 shows a year for 10 years before they went on Late Night. Let's give respect to the real road warriors. Skrillex travels in a jacuzi with supermodels the whole trip I'm pretty sure, real tough gig.

which is why he made $15million last year

he has a cult following. at made in america in philly this year they had a edm tent with all dj's and shit. that shit cleared the hell out when he came on on the second stage.

Last edited:
Back