www.stuffbeatmakerslike.com

B

biggrome

www.stuffbeatmakerslike.com

- Beat makers like to include themselves in things they really have nothing to do with and attach themselves to situations that they think other beatmakers will never find out about. All beatmakers claim to have an artist that they own - like a slave. You'll hear them refer to a person they work with as "my artist" as if they can auction him to the highest bidder tomorrow. Most beatmakers inflate how much money they make off of music by 75% and never really tell their true situations. Beatmakers never admit that a song is finished and that they listened to it for 2 full days before they posted it, they always say "Here's a rough draft of something I'm working on". Beatmakers claim that they don't try to please anyone but themselves but as soon as somebody says they're not feeling their beat... the horns come out and whomever said it is immediately deemed a hatin' azz beyatch. They make it their duty to try to tear down that person and e-stalk that person until their fragile ego has healed. Beatmakers love to be in the spotlight and nobody elses accomplishments really mean anything to them eventhough they'll say congratulations to people that seem to be making moves. Beatmakers can e-suck a person that's making moves harder than deepthroat in an orgy. Beatmakers have dreams that a label ghost will swoop them from the obsurity of their bedroom sort of how the tooth fairy and Santa Claus come in the middle of the night. Beatmakers have very vivid imaginations, when they see Timbaland or Pharrell on TV... they don't really see them, they see themselves talking to the interviewer. They then prepare answers to potential questions and award speeches. Beatmakers waste hella time saying they're perfecting their craft but really they're lurking web forums reading posts like this one.

Throw stuff if you want to... (it's supposed humor)

Last edited by a moderator:
Rome if I could add **** I would, BUT...

I'm too damn focused on moving in the morning to think of anything nearing about as funny as you posted.

BUT I'll post and subscribe.

Last edited:
ThaNinjaMonkey88 said:
Rome if I could add **** I would, BUT...

I'm too damn focused on moving in the morning to think of anything nearing about as funny as you posted.

BUT I'll post and subscribe.

lol, it was one sentence at first... and then it took off.

1 - Beat makers like to include themselves in things they really have nothing to do with and attach themselves to situations that they think other beatmakers will never find out about.
Producers realize there's more to life besides the pursuit of placements and take time to enjoy themselves -realizing the whole point of music is to relieve stress, not add to it. Sometimes it's okay to drop the supa-produca alter-ego and be a regular mofo.

2 All beatmakers claim to have an artist that they own - like a slave. You'll hear them refer to a person they work with as "my artist" as if they can auction him to the highest bidder tomorrow.
All Producers realize the importance of actually...producing- whether it's paid or not. It's all about honing those skills early. Who owns the gear = runs the show. Even if the producer and artist are at the same level of skill and experience..well, see number 3 coming up next. At home it might be a WE DO MUSIC TOGETHER, but here, that's YOUR artist (that you are developing).

3 Most beatmakers inflate how much money they make off of music by 75% and never really tell their true situations.
In an industry that's built upon being larger than you are, this is normal.

4 Beatmakers never admit that a song is finished and that they listened to it for 2 full days before they posted it, they always say "Here's a rough draft of something I'm working on".
Producers are never finished with anything- even after its out and playing on the radio. I have yet to see any producer say anything they've ever done was perfect....or finished.

5 Beatmakers claim that they don't try to please anyone but themselves but as soon as somebody says they're not feeling their beat... the horns come out and whomever said it is immediately deemed a hatin' azz beyatch. They make it their duty to try to tear down that person and e-stalk that person until their fragile ego has healed.
Artists are passionate about their work which makes them their own number one fan. Expect fanboy reactions since music IS personal even through we all pretend it's not.

6 Beatmakers love to be in the spotlight and nobody elses accomplishments really mean anything to them eventhough they'll say congratulations to people that seem to be making moves. Beatmakers can e-suck a person that's making moves harder than deepthroat in an orgy.
It's black and white. Either you've made it or you haven't. Based on point 3, you give it up to a person or entity only when you absolutely have to. And once they cross over to the 'Have made its' they become your hero because they've done something you are struggling and or dreaming of doing yourself. You step back and become a fan.
Fans gush.

7 Beatmakers have dreams that a label ghost will swoop them from the obsurity of their bedroom sort of how the tooth fairy and Santa Claus come in the middle of the night.
Athletes have talent scouts. How many people got their start by an agent walking up to them asking for their contact info?

8 Beatmakers have very vivid imaginations, when they see Timbaland or Pharrell on TV... they don't really see them, they see themselves talking to the interviewer. They then prepare answers to potential questions and award speeches.
It's called visualizing. Google the technique and what it's for and why anyone with ambition does it.

9 Beatmakers waste hella time saying they're perfecting their craft but really they're lurking web forums reading posts like this one.
Or they're still chasing the fantasy that another person with similar interests might have something of value to say to them. They end up in threads like this which reminds them what a total waste forums are and they get back to working on their future in the real world.

Last edited:
beatmakers get crazy defensive when someone speaks bad about their hustle.

example.
beatmaker 1: man fruity loops is wack
beatmaker 2: nah man fruity loops is like any other daw out their, it's not what you've got it's how you use it, 9th wonder uses fruity loops, you're just hating coz someone that uses fruity loops made a better beat than you and you paid $2000 for an mpc, fruity loops is blah blah blah.

ps. I use FL Studio so FL users don't shoot me.

Griffin Avid said:
8 Beatmakers have very vivid imaginations, when they see Timbaland or Pharrell on TV... they don't really see them, they see themselves talking to the interviewer. They then prepare answers to potential questions and award speeches.

9 Beatmakers waste hella time saying they're perfecting their craft but really they're lurking web forums reading posts like this one.

I plead guilty lol.
Especially to the latter.
**** you internet.

I'm sorry, I love you internet :o

Griffin Avid said:
1 - Beat makers like to include themselves in things they really have nothing to do with and attach themselves to situations that they think other beatmakers will never find out about.
Producers realize there's more to life besides the pursuit of placements and take time to enjoy themselves -realizing the whole point of music is to relieve stress, not add to it. Sometimes it's okay to drop the supa-produca alter-ego and be a regular mofo.

2 All beatmakers claim to have an artist that they own - like a slave. You'll hear them refer to a person they work with as "my artist" as if they can auction him to the highest bidder tomorrow.
All Producers realize the importance of actually...producing- whether it's paid or not. It's all about honing those skills early. Who owns the gear = runs the show. Even if the producer and artist are at the same level of skill and experience..well, see number 3 coming up next. At home it might be a WE DO MUSIC TOGETHER, but here, that's YOUR artist (that you are developing).

3 Most beatmakers inflate how much money they make off of music by 75% and never really tell their true situations.
In an industry that's built upon being larger than you are, this is normal.

4 Beatmakers never admit that a song is finished and that they listened to it for 2 full days before they posted it, they always say "Here's a rough draft of something I'm working on".
Producers are never finished with anything- even after its out and playing on the radio. I have yet to see any producer say anything they've ever done was perfect....or finished.

5 Beatmakers claim that they don't try to please anyone but themselves but as soon as somebody says they're not feeling their beat... the horns come out and whomever said it is immediately deemed a hatin' azz beyatch. They make it their duty to try to tear down that person and e-stalk that person until their fragile ego has healed.
Artists are passionate about their work which makes them their own number one fan. Expect fanboy reactions since music IS personal even through we all pretend it's not.

6 Beatmakers love to be in the spotlight and nobody elses accomplishments really mean anything to them eventhough they'll say congratulations to people that seem to be making moves. Beatmakers can e-suck a person that's making moves harder than deepthroat in an orgy.
It's black and white. Either you've made it or you haven't. Based on point 3, you give it up to a person or entity only when you absolutely have to. And once they cross over to the 'Have made its' they become your hero because they've done something you are struggling and or dreaming of doing yourself. You step back and become a fan.
Fans gush.

7 Beatmakers have dreams that a label ghost will swoop them from the obsurity of their bedroom sort of how the tooth fairy and Santa Claus come in the middle of the night.
Athletes have talent scouts. How many people got their start by an agent walking up to them asking for their contact info?

It's called visualizing. Google the technique and what it's for and why anyone with ambition does it.

Or they're still chasing the fantasy that another person with similar interests might have something of value to say to them. They end up in threads like this which reminds them what a total waste forums are and they get back to working on their future in the real world.

I agree with some of your rebuttals. Not all but that's what makes the world go round.

Web forums aren't a waste... just sections like this where the only purpose is to talk. Other sections that have a specific purpose... have been good for me as a person who didn't know what midi stood for years ago. The Mixing and Mastering, Getting Started, Software sections are helpful to people that have problems (and some lazy people)

I never expect anything out of a "talk" section... except talk. So in essence, talk sections are made to be a waste of time.

:cheers:

kang said:
Rome... U killed it! lol

Thanks, man. That was late night wide awake on energy drinks attempt at humor. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol@energy drink humour! You joker!

I had a chuckle so it's all good. There's no point in overthinking or over analysing stuff like this because like you said... This is a talk section. A section that doesn't require a lot of substance!

Back