Will you continue to access message boards if you're signed?

Bigg Mac said:

And don't forget Lil Jon. :rolleyes:

Ay! If you gon bring BBQ, then I'm bringin some classic PR food. Yall gon eat good! :D

yooooo y'all make that paella right??!!!!

YO THAT"S MY JAM!! i'll almost eat the plate if i get me some of that!

Tyree D. said:
I said I would stick around but some of these posts made me think. Plus, this board is getting younger and younger with flame wars over inaccurate facts like, "Dre used the MPC 3000 on the Chronic you idiots"---it didn't exist yet. Or "Kanye's wack because he samples". and you got the beat makers here feeling resentment

I have problems dealing with the mentality of the 100,000 internet fans she mentioned. I come from an environment where everyone is accountable for their words so ignoring someone is new ground to me. I was taught to address the root of the problem but I am learning that ignoring applies to all facets of life. Just like I learned to ignore co-workers and corporate politics I'm learning to apply it to other aspects of life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd probs start post to give advice to others and that. Maybe ask FP to set up something where I can reply to people that have actually questions but I cant see myself using regular. It also matters how big you are. You could be signed but just sitting there on the shelf not doing nothing waiting to get dropped, In that case yeah I'd be on FP. If im signed to a major or a indie and im actually on the move it would be harder. I'd probs pop in when I can and just give advice talk to the folks. SHOW LOVE

we as producers its important that we give back to the community no matter how big you get.... those who give back in terms of knowledge see a better return and response from the community.....

trying to be "above" everyone isnt the answer nor is being a "douche"

It is funny. Looking back and seeing some of the answers from some years ago. And funny thing is Troop was kinda on track. I mean I doubt he knew twitter was gonna come along and do what it did, but it did and in the long run he was right

Wow like going back in time. Yea if it happens for me(giving it 2 more years before I just let it be a hobby or switch to full-time songwriting) I would definitely come back. I have an affinity for this site, because of all the knowledge I've gained from those more experienced and successful than me. Why not 'spread the wealth,' and return the favor?

I would still post because I would be hiring guys here to ghost-produce projects for me. Most of the top-level musicians have ghost producers. Having people help me is beneficial for all. Some of you guys are far more talented than me and just need a break and a steady line of work to do music full time.

I could hire four guys at $40,000 a year each and end up making over $1,000,000 myself in a year. The ghost producers would make over $100,000 a year once royalties were paid out. Why not spread the work? That means more money for me in the end.

I would find another way to give back and help those directly in my community who are interested in music. I wouldnt want to have to pull a Bangladesh. I read he used to post here under Shondrae and he dropped alot of knowledge about the industry, then mysteriously deleted all his posts. There was also a post "The majors are watching" Maybe he got paranoid. At the end of the day, it's still a business with an image you are trying to portray. If you forget about the image and try and keep it too real with the fans, it can effect your Brand. You're selling an image, not your real life personality which requires you be mysterious and distant. That's why they'll pay the $100 to see you perform. If you're available on a free online chat room, it's harder selling your product. Forget about benji the producer is a nice guy, he answers questions on some website , I'd be more concerned with who's coming to my concert to hear good music and have a good time at $75 a ticket.

Last edited:
If you forget about the image and try and keep it too real with the fans, it can effect your Brand. You're selling an image, not your real life personality which requires you be mysterious and distant. That's why they'll pay the $100 to see you perform. If you're available on a free online chat room, it's harder selling your product. Forget about benji the producer is a nice guy, he answers questions on some website , I'd be more concerned with who's coming to my concert to hear good music and have a good time at $75 a ticket.

Exactly. Nobody cares about me in real life except the few dorks, geeks, and weirdoes I hang around.

Everybody else is going to get an image of what I am trying to sell. Remember, style = substance in the entertainment business.

Back