Why The "stock Sounds" Hate?

SmokinAces said:
So I guess I sholdn't pay any attention to dj nyce because.....well y'all heard his ****!:rolleyes:
heck no.lol my friend chrono on this board made his roc boyz remix on Reason 3 stock sounds ,i was surprised when he told me cuz the beat was bananas and i couldnt tell they was stock.lol but i wouldnt solely rely on stock sounds cuz you will not always get what you want ,cuz programming sounds will get you a long way.

SmokinAces said:
So I guess I sholdn't pay any attention to dj nyce because.....well y'all heard his ****!:rolleyes:

You better stop listening too haters. If I tell you something it is for a reason. You see all those knobs and ****. You suppose to use em.

dj nyce da winna said:
Trust me, i am a pro at choosing sounds. One thing people can't criticize when I make my music is my sound selection. People be able to tell were your sounds come from when they are stock, plus they sound like everybody elses beat. EQ your sounds, add reverb, change the LFO, reasonance, attack, sustain. Get the sound you want. ****s in my beats sound straight up original (whether you feel the beat or not.). You can use traditional stocks but even certain ones can be real cheesy. I wasn't hating I was just being real.

IMO, my **** sounds very original, yet I believe, with proper mixing and the right artist, it could fit in popular radio format. That of course is to me and the few people I've played for so I could be wrong.

dabeatdoctor1989 said:
heck no.lol my friend chrono on this board made his roc boyz remix on Reason 3 stock sounds ,i was surprised when he told me cuz the beat was bananas and i couldnt tell they was stock.lol but i wouldnt solely rely on stock sounds cuz you will not always get what you want ,cuz programming sounds will get you a long way.

So he shouldn't listen too me....but you even agree. Stop misleading this kid. You now I am right. In addition listen to my sound selection. Every body thinks that **** is on point. You may not feel the style but my sound selection is mostly stock free. A person should not use stock unless it is necessary which we established.

dabeatdoctor1989 said:

Oh, of course I don't rely only on stock, but as of right now, I use a majority for my track skeletons, if you will, until I get home and can translate them into more original and overall better sounds. If you don't mind, check out my stuff and giv eme your opinion.

dj nyce da winna said:
So he shouldn't listen too me....but you even agree. Stop misleading this kid. You now I am right. In addition listen to my sound selection. Every body thinks that **** is on point. You may not feel the style but my sound selection is mostly stock free. A person should not use stock unless it is necessary which we established.

But my question to you is are u creating the sound from nothing. Because unless you can do that, u are using a stock sound and tweaking it, which is exactly what I'm doing.

Last edited:
SmokinAces said:
IMO, my **** sounds very original, yet I believe, with proper mixing and the right artist, it could fit in popular radio format. That of course is to me and the few people I've played for so I could be wrong.

But I am just trying too help you get too the next level. Just because something works doesn't mean it is the limit. If you tweeked some of your sound you would be adding a different dimension to your ****. These people that disagree aren't experienced enough to give you the proper advice. That are just manifesting their hate towards me by going against what I told you. People can tell you are using "been-used" instruments. It would diversifty your sound to tweek.

SmokinAces said:
Oh, of course I don't rely only on stock, but as of right now, I use a majority for my track skeletons, if you will, until I get home and can translate them into more original and overall better sounds. If you don't mind, check out my stuff and giv eme your opinion.

But my question to you is are u creating the sound from nothing. Because unless you can do that, u are using a stock sound and tweaking it, which is exactly what I'm doing.

Sometimes I create the sound from sines or saws. Yeah, use stock sounds then mess with those knobs like attack, decay, promento (sp? which is a good on), detune. the possiblites are limitless. Just think of it this way. I knew you were using stock sounds, it is a problem.

bobsmitt said:
take producer's criticisms with a grain of salt.

some, intentionally or not, will "over-criticize" your music.
exactly. I do encourage that people learn how to build sounds because sometimes theres a sound in your head atleast for me there is especially in synths that just can't be found in the presets.

dj nyce da winna said:
Sometimes I create the sound from sines or saws. Yeah, use stock sounds then mess with those knobs like attack, decay, promento (sp? which is a good on), detune. the possiblites are limitless. Just think of it this way. I knew you were using stock sounds, it is a problem.

Where were the sounds from then? Since you swear i was using stock sounds.

I think dudes hate on people using stock sounds cuz they spend 5 hours on **** that will never sell..while dudes making **** quick with presets and getting the job done.

you understand it's about sound CHOICE right?? who gives a **** if a synth stab is a preset or not. if I find a preset that fits in my work you damn right I'ma use it.

Last edited:
SmokinAces said:
Where were the sounds from then? Since you swear i was using stock sounds.

I knew because sounds weren't original sounding. Sounded like Styrus honestly and you know thats bad. It is not a matter of me knowing were you got the sound, it is a matter of the sound sounding generic. You can get an infinite amount of sounds out of custom. Why settle for somebody elses conception of what your music should sound like.

Xabiton said:
exactly. I do encourage that people learn how to build sounds because sometimes theres a sound in your head atleast for me there is especially in synths that just can't be found in the presets.

Why are you contradicting

Last edited:
I've never understood why producers produce for other producers.

Let me explain what I mean.

Most of the people that buy records, don't know what the f*ck a "stock" sound is. Let alone, know how to produce a song.

Bill and Jill from Malibu will never notice your constant use of FL Studio drums. Nor will they ever notice all of your beats are in the same key.

Don't produce with the mind state of "I'm trying to impress ChaseNcash, Dr.Dre and DaBeatDoctor". That would be moving backwards. Produce for the masses that will buy the record because in the end, they are responsible for putting money in your pocket.

Ps: Those producer names just popped in my head, Spur of the moment.

Last edited:
Back