THIS is why an Executive Producer is NECESSARY...

I think troup is on some Executive Producer viewpoints right now. Others are on the artist viewpoint.

To the executive producer the music is only as good as the money it generates.
To a CEO* the music is only as good as the money it generates. I know amazing music that has made NO money. Everyone does. Beanie wouldn't be workin on another album with thoughts on going Platinum. Like Major Scale said, he feels a connection with the music. It is true that he's needed some guidance in his career, but maybe he wanted to do things his own way? Not everyone is keen on being monitored or molded.

P.S. Who is the young brother spittin at about 4:30. Dude is fire for real.

Last edited:
Realistically looking at it, NICKY MINAJ ,DRAKE ,BEANS ,SOULJA BOY,TYGA-------Who does not belong?? Beans don't have a place in this market, his best bet is to stay true to his fans.

I think that's the lane he took. It's not like I can see him on the Rack City remix. I just think it may have been a good move to try to reinvent yourself, even if just for the single. Mind you, we haven't heard a single YET(to our knowledge).

I think he was trying a little to hit with something innovative when he dropped the "I can feel it" single a few albums back.

I'm not an A&R, I honestly wouldn't know what to do to make Beans a big artist in 2012. Hell, 50 Cent got a team behind him, and they can't figure out how to make him fit into this "new era of hip hop". IMO 50 ruined that "beat tha P up' track for those other guys, I woulda took him off and told him to just show up for the vid to support, lol.

I'm not an A&R, I honestly wouldn't know what to do to make Beans a big artist in 2012.

I honestly believe it's industry bias, and greedy marketing. It's not the new generations fault of their choice in music,because it is all thats being fed to them... All you need is your song to be played a million times on every radio station, Top spot on worldstar, and your video on 106 and Park everyday, and your on top.

Last edited:
I'm not an A&R, I honestly wouldn't know what to do to make Beans a big artist in 2012.

I don't think it's possible, really. That's why I said I wouldn't take his money, because I can't see him reaching the top again.

My only input would be how to take his music out of 2001 into 2012. But as far as the advice I'd give a different artist on how to make a run at the top, I wouldn't give that to Beans, because it wouldn't work for his demographic.

His run is up. Only think I could do is show him how to remain on top in his niche, and maybe get a few former fans to start checking for him again.

He blew the best years of his career being mad. It happens...far too often.

I honestly believe it's industry bias, and greedy marketing. It's not the new generations fault of their choice in music,because it is all thats being fed to them... All you need is your song to be played a million times on every radio station, Top spot on worldstar, and your video on 106 and Park everyday, and your on top.
Not true. I can name tons that strategy didn't work for. All were left in heavy debt to the label. MC Brains, Won G, Ray J a few times, Houston, you don't remember these guys because they only got play because of the money behind them, so soon as the money ran out, they were gone and forgotten.

Also happens to tons of successful artists with later albums. Nelly, Biv 10, Chingy, Nas(yeah, Nas), Dondria, Diamond, ect.

The money can put you out harder, but without real fan requests, when the money's gone, so is the song. But it's gotta be a sucky song not to catch on with heavy airplay, lol.

Last edited:
Not true. I can name tons that strategy didn't work for. All were left in heavy debt to the label. MC Brains, Won G, Ray J a few times, Houston, you don't remember these guys because they only got play because of the money behind them, so soon as the money ran out, they were gone and forgotten.

:cry: @ Won G!

This dude was taking FULL PAGE ADS out in EVERY RAP MAG, EVERY MONTH!!!! I even found my self like DAMN, THIS DUDE MUST BE MAJOR, HE IN THESE MAGS EVERY MONTH!!!

Then I listened to his music, and I laughed my ass off...but the ads did make me check for him.

Then I found out how much a full page ad in XXL and The Source cost....and I was like OH SHIT!!!!!!!!! And this dude had like A YEAR run in every mag!

I guess that caribbean dope money is LONG!

But yeah...perfect example with dude. One thing with him though, he wasn't a factor in radio...at all. Never heard not one of his joints on radio.

Last edited:
MC Brains

Lol, Oochie Coochie Man, he was whack, you speaking on an era where you had to put out a classic ALBUM to be relevent, he just had that one song, and as far as the others, it reverts back to what i was saying about constantly putting out material, and everyone pretty much knows Nas' track record when it comes to putting out albums Illmatic---2 Years Later-- It Was Written---3 years later I AM (The Firm album in between but He shared verses with 3 others so not difficult) You have to be able to satisfy peoples thirst nowadays, things come and go too quickly

Message in a bottle.

message in a bottle, huh?

big loudspeakers sell beats??

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

NICKY MINAJ ,DRAKE, SOULJA BOY,TYGA-------

...don't remind me...lol

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

50 Cent got a team behind him, and they can't figure out how to make him fit into this "new era of hip hop"

and they won't be able to - i think he painted himself into a corner - so did Bone Thugs N Harmony, and several others. 50 might do better by sticking to the big screen...let the mic go

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

All you need is your song to be played a million times on every radio station, Top spot on worldstar, and your video on 106 and Park everyday

how much do you think it costs to make those 3 things happen??

and they won't be able to - i think he painted himself into a corner - so did Bone Thugs N Harmony, and several others. 50 might do better by sticking to the big screen...let the mic go

50's biggest problem was himself. He screwed up his momentum with his CURTIS album. He spent too much time beefing with people, instead of making songs like CANDY SHOP and MAGIC STICK.

He actually had some pretty great singles on Curtis (like that joint with Robin Thicke was crazy) but he spent so much time on CAM'RON, that they didn't even get around to launching them properly.

And then he fell into the black hole of trying to please the naysayers. He kept trying to TAKE IT BACK TO GRODT (just like Beans is trying to do) on Before I Self Destruct...

And he hasn't been able to get out of that mindset since.

Bone Thugs n Harmony spent too much time fighting. Groups have to let the leaders be the leaders, instead of ego's getting in the way. The world wants to hear KRAZIE BONE and BIZZY BONE. The rest are just supporting cast.

BTNH just imploded.

Bizzy and Krazie would KILL this pop-dominated market. The time is PERFECT for them to put out one of these Techno Infused pop songs.

Krazie could do it. One song with Katie Perry, and he'll be back on another Million Seller.

He could become the 2013 NATE DOGG. With that voice, and his rapid fire flow...man...he could make a killing as a Poppy Hook man.

See, these are the types of things that these people's teams aren't telling them.

YOUR TALENT | OUR GENIUS

I Like The Mixtape 50...

MY PERSONAL FAV

G-Unit_Return_Of_The_Body_Snatchers_-_Thisis50_Vol-front-large.jpg

i still find it CRAZY how "BAWSE" came out on top...still to this day

Because he did what 50 shoulda did...concentrated on MAKING GREAT MUSIC.

50 Concentrated on making web videos. His music suffered. RAWSE concentrated on making songs.

That's all that matters in the end...not who got the better insult on who...but SONGS.

Hmmm interesting. But I just can't see Beans doing no pop record lol. Maybe like a quick verse on a Ciara type song but that's about it

Back