Why do Trap Producers catch so much Heat?

100%. Nobody can make up an excuse of why trap music sucks. Not all of them are appealing, but the music as a whole? Wow............I can't do nothing but smh...I don't get it. Reggaeton had them crazy hats and synths.....epic strings......same drum patterns......no threads were made, nobody complained........why?
hey dont bring reggeaton into this lol, them producers like luney tunes be making some fire, Even the hiphop type beats. the pattern may be the same but thats cuz its the groove. Look at techno or house type music, with the same kick on ever beat in a 4/4 bar measure with the clap on the 2nd beat, thats the groove. The Basic pattern may be the same, but the songs still sound different and interesting.

Trap beats go hard...point blank period

@BIGpun4EVER you say "them producers like luney tunes be makin some fire" like drumma boy and Shawty Redd don't make fire

The fact is, there has never ever ever been something popular that everybody liked

Last edited:
Look at techno or house type music, with the same kick on ever beat in a 4/4 bar measure with the clap on the 2nd beat, thats the groove. The Basic pattern may be the same, but the songs still sound different and interesting.

That's my point. We shouldn't see more hatred for trap music than love for the music people love to listen to. It's sad. smh. People love Reggaeton......or they just don't listen. They don't make up excuses of why they don't like it....they just don't listen. I like reggaeton by BTW. :cheers:.

Phucked 'round and started messing with this acappella

Regulate by Warren G... yeah, yeah... its super basic, lol... I'll redo it sometime when I'm more inspired...

... made it in headphones...

Last edited:
Phucked 'round and started messing with this acappella

Regulate by Warren G... yeah, yeah... its super basic, lol... I'll redo it sometime when I'm more inspired...

... made it in headphones...

i love how you always just post up your sc in threads. always so amusing to be reading thru threads like this then hers big rome with a random ass sc embedded! Nice song btw.

i love how you always just post up your sc in threads. always so amusing to be reading thru threads like this then hers big rome with a random ass sc embedded! Nice song btw.

Glad you checked it out. Preciate the listen. More people should post their stuff because you can embed. Most people won't leave the site to check out anything...

i cant embed SC for some reason at all. I used to put my shit on youtube and embed that but i kinda got away from that. I dont likedoing it now cause im tryin to get more serious with the beats and its soooo easy to steal from youtube lol. im trying to upload something im looking for feedback before i get back at it tomorrow on SC now but its always on some your track is too hot for us bullshit

Trap beats go hard...point blank period

@BIGpun4EVER you say "them producers like luney tunes be makin some fire" like drumma boy and Shawty Redd don't make fire

The fact is, there has never ever ever been something popular that everybody liked
lol i wasnt saying anything towards trap producers, and not everybody like's trap music. i personally dont have nothing against it. thats the great thing about music theres something for everyone

My thoughts on Trap music. And this is coming from someone who has been producing everything from hiphop, Triphop, Drum & Bass and Dubhop since 1993.
Trap to me feels and sounds like lazy music! Really a bunch of noise! Lacks any kind of soul and from most of the trap i have heard..really..anyone could make it! Not a lot of talent required. Seems that when it became too hard in the industry to use samples ( which really hiphop is based on) peeps started taking shorts doing this nonsense!

I personally think that music is music. I make trap beats, sampled beats even mix the styles. Trap shit is the wave so that's what's selling and that's what up and coming producers want to make to get on. Producers like young chop and DJ mustard put out the same cookie cutter beats but that's what the industry wants from them. I get annoyed by there beats as much as the next guy but you can't say these guys don't have talent. They on and I'm sure many of us would like to be in their position and be that next hot producer.

I agree with both of you, but it is true, trap music is far from being "Musical" it really is a bunch of noise with similar drum patterns, that's why you can't listen for long without getting a headache...
but I hear what you're saying.

To be honest I'm not a big fan of trap, I personally would like to see it die out and be replaced by something fresh and more organic where lyrical content matters.

Trap beats get the same hate that hiphop as a whole does from other genres. I used to love jamming trap tracks in a whip with a nice system.

Back