Why do people always use this as an excuse...

When I hear sombody talking bout "Outside the box" I usally think they sayin that somebodys ish sounds like everybody elses. 9 out of 10 times this isn't the case. Alot of people do use it as an excuse for garbage a$$ beats. I'm not sayin i'm hot cause most of the beats if not all of my ish is disgusting, lol. but at least i don't throw out the outside of the box bs.
Some people try waaaaaayyyy to hard to be different and it ends up being garbage.
RAnthony said:
So they get sour and come up with the #1 excuse. I can't lie, it's a really good excuse because no matter how much you argue with them, they will continue to stand by it.
lol, after I read this I thought about it and it's true. How do you tell somebody that it's not thinking outside the box but its just bad music? It's nearly impossible.

Shaudie said:
lol, after I read this I thought about it and it's true. How do you tell somebody that it's not thinking outside the box but its just bad music? It's nearly impossible.

It's called having an ego. It doesn't have to do whether it's a good excuse or not, but what that ignoramus believes is the "right thing" no ifs, ands or buts. One perfect example is the elitist fanbase of the Metal genre. I guarantee you about 80% of the overall Rock/Metal fanbase has a deep, passionate hatred for Hip Hop and all its relations.

Metalhead elitists are actually Music elitist, whatever doesn't consist of heavy distortion riffs, screaming and fast-paced drum patterns is automatically considered sh*t by the highest degree. I've battled these cats before and I tell you, they stick by their word and theirs only.

Which, surprisingly, is what we're dealing with within our own community/fanbase. Don't believe me? Then I dare you to mention your Hip Hop tastes alongside other Metal fans on their turf, you'll be flamed till hell freezes over.

~Ak-Nolij

^^ True statement.

I was told Atreyu makes better music than John F*cking Legend..............

WHAT

In

The

Blue

Hell.......

|||||||||||||

Last edited:
I still haven't even mastered being IN the box and y'all are talking about going ouside it?

*Goes back to practicing chords*

^^^LOL
Ak-Nolij said:
It's called having an ego. It doesn't have to do whether it's a good excuse or not, but what that ignoramus believes is the "right thing" no ifs, ands or buts. One perfect example is the elitist fanbase of the Metal genre. I guarantee you about 80% of the overall Rock/Metal fanbase has a deep, passionate hatred for Hip Hop and all its relations.

Metalhead elitists are actually Music elitist, whatever doesn't consist of heavy distortion riffs, screaming and fast-paced drum patterns is automatically considered sh*t by the highest degree. I've battled these cats before and I tell you, they stick by their word and theirs only.

Which, surprisingly, is what we're dealing with within our own community/fanbase. Don't believe me? Then I dare you to mention your Hip Hop tastes alongside other Metal fans on their turf, you'll be flamed till hell freezes over.

~Ak-Nolij
Yeah man, I feel you on this. I used to work with this guy back at my old job who was a hardcore metal head who completly despised HipHop. He even dissed RnB too. Everytime I'd walk in with my headphones on he'd crack a joke bout hiphop being wack and it ain't got no passion or some other ish. I'm just glad he quit before we went at it. I ain't got nothing against metal though. If that's what somebody's into then do yo thing, you know. But when somebody disses another genre cause its not the same then that's wack.

When I posted I was mainly talking bout within one's own genre of music. Sometimes people get out of the box, go to far away, and end up getting lost. I suppose using the excuse "Outside the Box" gives people away to make whatever the hel they want.

Last edited:
Back