Who's the Richest rapper?producer?

O

overproof

When it comes down to just numbers, who is reportedly the richest rapper? producer?
If I had to guess, I would say Master P is the richest rapper, and Swizz Beats is the richest producer.
I'm probably wrong, but it's just a guess

The Dynamicist
www.theDynamicist.com

yea jayz would have to be the richest rapper because of his ownership of the roc and so many other things. Now i would have to give the riches hip hop producer to Dr Dre and we arent even talking about the money he lost from the deathrow days. I know you said that your most likly wrong but i dont know why you would think swizz beats of all people would be even in the top 3...i would of pick timbaland before swizz. Swizz had his run in the late 90's and thats about the time when producers started braging about getting paid 100 gees for beats that only took 5 or 15 minutes, so i could see where you would get the ideal from. As for Master p. um his just got done with chapter 11 so he couldnt be what he use to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
master P

that nigga is bankrupt--he doesnt have anymoney

if you cosider p.diddy a rapper he's the richest

dre, yeah he makes sooo much money off of eminem. He smart now hes gunna make a lot more money off of g-unit

notice its shady/aftermath/interscope

g-unit/aftermath/interscope

that basically means its a joint venture between aftermath and interscope. The dre signs shady and g-unit to his label as another label

yeah so last time i checked the forbes list they had the 40 richest under 40 and puffy was ahead of master p--now hes broke though

Last edited:
Mr. Untouchable said:
master P

dont usually wish bad luck on someone but if you have a house that retarded (and not in a good way incase the bad means good has extended to that) you are asking for trouble.
eminem is prolly the richest rapper,he's got sh7t loads of merchandise aswell as everything else.

Whichever one white kids like best. Which surprisingly is Eminem. Who woulda thought? :rolleyes:

Mr. Untouchable said:
master P

Master P is not BANKRUPT. No Limit itself went bankrupt, but then again P is signed with Koch so that explains it all.

Richest Producer...P. Diddy
Richest Rapper...Eminem or Jay is a toss up, but I might have to with Em because he made more than $35 million in 2002 and $74 million in 2003 alone. Dre actually made more than Em though believe it or not.

Last edited:
Mr. Untouchable said:
master P

Just to let you know, just becuase someone is bankrupt that doesnt mean they dont have any money.

Quick Business Lesson:

-You start a corporation that ends up being worth $400,000,000.
-You make yourself an employee of hte corp.
-All the money made goes to the corp and you pay yourself a salary (Which can be as high as you deem)
-Everything you buy as a "business expense"(Cars, watches, houses, equipment) is all tax decutable
-PERSONALLY you have NO money, the Corporation does, BUT you own the Corp.

Application:

Say you're company that you started is now woth $400,000,000. Say you're drving a long in your Phantom (Company car) and you crash into some broke person honda Civic DX. He knows who you are and he knows your caked so they get a lawyer to sue you, and he's expecting to make a buch of money. Well if your Corp. owns everything and you own nothing, when they go to sue you you'll be "BANKRUPT". Now that broke person can't touch any of your money cuz you techinally don't have any.

Just cuz someone is Bankrupt, that doesnt mean thier Corp. can't be worth billions.

Jos

Master P, is no where close to being bankrupt. He's just a smart mutherfuccer. The reason why he filed bankruptcy on No Limit Records (his company) is because there were several outrageous lawsuits popping up every month against the company, which he got tired of paying out, so he just basically shut that company down, by filing bankruptcy, and opened up The New No Limit Records, that way people could not sue the company. Corporate America does this shyt all the time. People may hate on P, but that nigga is bout his business.

Last edited by a moderator:
The man who made most money of hiphop must be Jimmy Iovine he has had control over hiphop since the chronic came out.

Big Fruit said:
Master P, is no where close to being bankrupt. He's just a smart mutherfuccer. The reason why he filed bankruptcy on No Limit Records (his company) is because there were several outrageous lawsuits popping up every month against the company, which he got tired of paying out, so he just basically shut that company down, by filing bankruptcy, and opened up The New No Limit Records, that way people could not sue the company. Corporate America does this shyt all the time. People may hate on P, but that nigga is bout his business.

BINGO!!!!! People file bankruptcy to keep other people from getting at thier money. Delta Airlines filed bankruptcy too. You think they don't have any money?? Hell, even Donald Trump filed bankruptcy. There are different types of bankruptcy, not just 'i can't pay my bills cuz i don't have any money'.

Now. Richest rapper. Most of you are DEAD WRONG. Master P is the richest rapper. The dude is worth about half a BILLION dollars. Puff/Jay-Z aren't anywhere CLOSE to selling as many records as Master P has. Plus with his diversification into all the other different businesses (His real estate business alone net worth is about 80 million, i think i remember reading), record sales mean nothing to him.

Richest Producer. Puffy is no producer, so cross his name off the list. The richest producer is Jermaine Dupri. Hands down. He's been making platinum hits since he was 14 years old. He's responsible for some of the biggest selling rap albums of all time, namely Kriss Kross and Bow Wow. Don't believe me, you better check the worldwide sales of those groups. Don't get it twisted cuz you saw that lil IRS thing. Jermaine is worth MAJOR chips and would BURY every single producer out there as far as cash goes.

And for those of you who think Dre stacks more chips than JD, think about it. Dre just started selling millions (consistently) when he got with DR. And truthfully that was only on The Chronic and Doggystyle, which only sold about 10 million TOGETHER. He didn't start producing for other people on a regular until after he left DR in what, 95-96? JD has been consistently producing multi platinum hits (for his own company) since like 88. Like Bow-Wow said, Doggy Bag sold more than 50 cent.

again. Master P and JD. The richest in the game. Jay-Z splits all his money 3 ways. Eminem?? Yeah right. He just came in the game in like 99.

Didn't the IRS just come at J.D.'s ass for tax evasion? Don't know the entire story behind that BUT.....

Forbes says differently. I'll believe Forbes before i believe wealth quotes made over FP. Puff doesn't have to pimp his sons on Nickelodeon for lunch money so i'm stickin' with the kid. When you're talkin' about Diddy you've gotta factor in investments and risks that ACTUALLY PAID off for him.

Not some corny ass clothing scam with bright ass sunshine colors like umm...Master P's attempt at fashion. Puff has a restaurant that's still in BUSINESS unlike most failed restaurant attempts made by stars. Sean John outsells RocaWear. Go figure. Puff is STILL eating off all the n!ggas he ripped off for publishing. I mean dudes who wrote rhymes FOR HIM who probably aren't seeing a dime of that money to this day.

B.I.G, 112, Mase, Faith, Lox, Black Rob, Kelly Price. Producers....Carlos Broady, Nashiem Myrick...might as well include the entire Hitmen squad.

Puff is eating well. Very well for someone who vacations in the South of France and Morocco on the regular.
Eminem has over 20 million albums sold when factoring in the 8 Mile soundtrack. Oh yeah...I'll stick with my picks.

I'm going with Master P and P Diddy.
Just a guess... I heard the Em had a screwed up contract but who knows for sure.

JD.... I don't know bout that one...

JD's tax levy was for 2 million and he wanted to cut a deal with the IRS. They told him NO. He couldn't prevent his stuff from being seized so I don't know about him being the most paid. Why go through the trouble of letting them haul your stuff away if you got the money laying around somewhere. He did that show on CRIBS and somebody from the IRS decided to check him out...

Money ain't a thang... I bet they changed his mind when they backed those trucks up to his door.

He did have some big selling groups though, Da Brat, Kriss Kross, Bow Wow, ... I think he had Escape too. Don't know.

Master P and P. Diddy or (Baby from Cash Money... his necklace costs 2 mil, he could've paid Jermaines taxes with his necklace... that's cheese)

kaliyl said:
Whichever one white kids like best. Which surprisingly is Eminem. Who woulda thought? :rolleyes:

yes,those evil evil children.

young_keyz said:
i dont know why you would think swizz beats of all people would be even in the top 3...i would of pick timbaland before swizz.

I didn't pick him because of his production skills, but because he invested his money into a lot of business like Real Estate, Auto Dalerships, clubs, a Record Label.
It was a blind guess

Jos said:

Just cuz someone is Bankrupt, that doesnt mean thier Corp. can't be worth billions.

Jos

He's right. Backruptcy is a tool used by the rich. Trump recently filed for backruptcy again on one of his company's. What it does is actually make you richer, because you don't have to pay most of your debt back.
OH yeah, debt is another tool of the rich, look at this country!the richest, but the most in debt!
Master P might be the richest, he has that oil money!

Mr. Untouchable said:
master P

if you cosider p.diddy a rapper he's /B]

na he did not go bankrupt the man owns
alot of sh*t dog i think he should still be up there with jay and puffy
he is partner oener of http://www.sasbazooka.com
he owns building and i ain't talk small ones he owns a chain of gasstations sh*t that man gone be all right lol

Who the brokest rapper? LMAO. That's what I wanna know.

Being broke is the worst.

Back