Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Who is/ will be the hottest PRODUCER of 2013?

JoeDB is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I don't get what all the hype is about Mike Will. Maybe it's just because the trap beats don't really appeal to me, they're too played out imo, all sound the same after a while. I think T-Minus will have a good year, and if Jim Jonsin would stop playing with his cars and get back to music I think he could do it really really big this year.

BeatMaker2 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Dr Dre - if he ever puts out his Detox album lol

MrWonderful is offline Insane FP Patriot
    Thanks
    Y'all a bunch of Mike Will dick riders.
    likes this.

dooby is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    uhmm i would say mike will killed some nice beats but his recent shit is so played out...
    t minus is my favourite producer right now i hope he'll work harder this year and blaze a whole lot of bangerz

F00T is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    You can't deny Mike Will though....whatever you think of his beats he's been making hit after hit this past year. I wasn't sure of his crossover appeal but the Rihanna, Kelly & Brandy joints proved he can do it. Helps that he has his squad helping out too.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F00T View Post
    You can't deny Mike Will though....whatever you think of his beats he's been making hit after hit this past year. I wasn't sure of his crossover appeal but the Rihanna, Kelly & Brandy joints proved he can do it. Helps that he has his squad helping out too.
    I can deny him lol. In my opinion, a great producer is someone who can switch their sound up many different ways and still make "hits". I'd prefer a 1 hit wonder over someone who CONSTANTLY makes the same sounding shit, it gets annoying very, very fast. Look at the greats: Dre, Jim Jonsin, Just Blaze to name a few off the top. Dre produces shit from 50 - In Da Club to K Dot - The Recipe. Jim can go from Luda/Jamie Foxx - Unpredictable to Katy Perry - ET. Blaze will go from Fabolous - Breathe to Drake - Lord Knows. Mike Will goes from Bandz to... um... a few other songs that all sound the exact same? And yes, I know these aren't the HOTTEST BANGAZ OF ALL TIME, but you get the point. A lot of this should go without saying but I figured I'd say it anyway. Like I said earlier, maybe it's just because I think trap music (for the most part) is super played out & I actually enjoy hearing real instruments & shit, I don't know.

YOUNG TEX is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeDB View Post
    I can deny him lol. In my opinion, a great producer is someone who can switch their sound up many different ways and still make "hits". I'd prefer a 1 hit wonder over someone who CONSTANTLY makes the same sounding shit, it gets annoying very, very fast. Look at the greats: Dre, Jim Jonsin, Just Blaze to name a few off the top. Dre produces shit from 50 - In Da Club to K Dot - The Recipe. Jim can go from Luda/Jamie Foxx - Unpredictable to Katy Perry - ET. Blaze will go from Fabolous - Breathe to Drake - Lord Knows. Mike Will goes from Bandz to... um... a few other songs that all sound the exact same? And yes, I know these aren't the HOTTEST BANGAZ OF ALL TIME, but you get the point. A lot of this should go without saying but I figured I'd say it anyway. Like I said earlier, maybe it's just because I think trap music (for the most part) is super played out & I actually enjoy hearing real instruments & shit, I don't know.
    Umm yeah but mike will does switch his sound up...

likes this.

Y*G*M is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    yeah Mike Wills going hard. Hit-Boy and Boi1da have been dope too

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YOUNG TEX View Post
    Umm yeah but mike will does switch his sound up...
    I meannnn kinda. Some of it is more different than I thought he did, but still doesn't make me think anymore of him. I guess it's more of the feeling I get from it than the actual beat itself. I'm not sure exactly how to explain it but every beat I've heard from him just has a "basic" hat, snare, kick, & synth level. I feel like he just switches synths & synth patterns every beat and throws some basic drum patterns in there. I don't know if I'm explaining it right or maybe it's just me, but he's definitely not in my top 5 at the moment.

MrWonderful is offline Insane FP Patriot
    Thanks
    Jesus is everyone a Mike Will groupie?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information