What MPC would FL 6 or 7 equal??

rando

Now, I am not a new person or a noob or anything of that nature, but on here, we always say FL can do errr thang the MPC can do and vice versa. As a FL 6 user myself, I was wondering what MPC do you guys think FL Studio matches up with in capabilites???

4000?

2500?

2000xl??

etc....

Last edited:
I don't know much about FL, but as far as the converters on the original Roger Linn modeled MPC's (3000 etc)....Nowhere close.

That's what it comes down to in my opinion. The end result.

That and workflow.

Roger Linn is a famed designed of musical instruments. Akai got him to work on the MPC 3000 and many MPC users feel that the 3K had a unique and special sound to it that the other models never matched.

He worked on the MPC60 also.

designer*

Last edited:
To answer your question, the MPC 4000 is the only thing coming close to FL because of it's ability to efficiently sample and use multisamples. Other than that, all the other MPC's, and I mean all of them are just midi sequencers with drumpads and phrase samplers stuck to them.

C Mak mang said:
is he dead now or somethin?
no he was working wit m audio and they made the black box

rando said:
What waz so special about Roger Linn again???
The original MPC-60... The Linn 9000 came from Roger Linn, responsible for the most popular sampler/sequencer/drum machine workstations in the world. And the Linn 9000 was one of his best designs. It debuted in 1984 and sported several innovations that would still be sophisticated by today's standards.

4gtaf10.jpg

Last edited:
They're totally different... You can't really compare them at all. No MPC has the capabilities of FL, and no FL has the sound, feel, and interface of the MPC.

[Khameleon] said:
They're totally different... You can't really compare them at all. No MPC has the capabilities of FL, and no FL has the sound, feel, and interface of the MPC.

You couldn't have said it better!

Why do you ppl care so much about what gear does what when 90% of the features will never get used?
MPC's are that shiznit, because they are fun, you get ideas out quick, and you are really making music.
FL is lame cause its hours upon hours of clicking...
This is coming from an FL user that does not have an MPC.

Soulful-Alibaster said:
Why do you ppl care so much about what gear does what when 90% of the features will never get used?
MPC's are that shiznit, because they are fun, you get ideas out quick, and you are really making music.
FL is lame cause its hours upon hours of clicking...
This is coming from an FL user that does not have an MPC.
i spend less time on PC (1hr tops?)makign a track than hardware...you sure you can use a PC right?

If I was given a choice of....

A nice notebook pc loaded with FL Studio, Pad Controller and a decent audio interface.

or

Any of the MPC models.

I'd probably go for the notebook. FL Studio's software is capable of doing everything and more that any of the mpc models can do. Plus in most cases it's quicker to work with, easier to edit samples, chop, etc.

I'm basically just comparing the software. MPC Software definitely < FL Studio's.

Back