What makes you so different than everybody?

gescajadillo

Tell me in your own words what separates you from everyone else that produces beats? It can be whatever you want. What makes you so special than everyone else?

Me I feel i got a lot of drive in me, I feel I have a strong will to continue and keep striving, I want to make it and want to make more mistakes and learn from them... i'm 23 and I want to see how Ill develop by the time I'm at 30 and still remain doing music... I just don't want to give up and see where it goes

I don't just do beats. I have the business insight and the ear for music.

And my drive. I've been going for almost 10 years with this...STRONG. Every single day.

I don't think too hard about it and let things go how they go vs others trying to "perfect crafts" and "stick out" and overplay or rely on "professional this and industry that" in attempts to separate themselves... Real answer.

If more people just learned their actual lanes and ran with them, they'd get alot further. Instead they convince themselves there's more to it and they're on some type of journey. Most of us could've been everything we were destined to be 4 or 5 of our BEST beats in.

Instead there's guys up here who don't sample because they feel it's wrong, who could make way hotter beats if they sample. Guys who collect 800 drumkits who need to just run with the same 808 everyone else is using because it's in right now. Guys who only sample from vinyl who miss the flip of a lifetime because it was in a youtube vid. Guys who try to make everything sound like an orchestra work full of transitions who can't play worth a damn, but could still make something like Lil Scrappy's "money in the bank" if they came down off their high horse. People who send beats to Drakes email that's been dead since 2007 weekly who have never tried once to reach out to some up and comer or even an established guy who's not being talked about right this second. Guys who raised their beat prices because Vybe beats did who never sold 1 beat on soundclick and should give them away and feel privaledged that anyone came around asking for one when they've done nothing to establish a brand.

I could go on forever.

Last edited:
I have an amazing ear, a ridiculous work ethic, I'm tenacious, can produce and write for several genres and am multitalented as an artist. Beyond that I've got a good head on my shoulders, a positive outlook, know how to learn and have a seasoned team to back me up and keep me on track

Probably being fairly easy to work with..

A lot of producers I've interacted with are either ego driven, locked in a box, or very fixed on "how things must go".

I know my weaknesses and I'm not afraid to outsource what I may need to get the job done, even if it means that I take a hit on the credit...

Not sure.....I just kinda go with the flow like Deranged said. Matter fact I believe in almost everything deranged said lol.

I have a pretty meat and potatoes mindset so I don't get caught up in all that sideshow "look at me I'm a producer!" ish. And like Traxx said I'm well aware of my weak points and I don't like to overestimate or lie to myself.

I don't know if that makes me different but that's what I do

^ Not necessarily, in this case, someone asked a broad question to anyone who cared to answer. It's just up to you if you give a realistic and honest answer or not. Now if this question was asked specifically to anyone in this thread then I'd fully agree with you.

When I started making beats, ill admit it, I wanted to be just like Shawty Redd, Drumma Boy etc, but no matter what I did I just couldnt make the sound that they did. For real, I cant even make a decent Lex Luger trap sound. Ive tried, but the more I force it, the more it just sounds wrong.

So some people say that my beats sound a little diffrent than other, not because I choose to, but just because i'm doing me.

Give my beats a listen, tell me what you feel.

Last edited:
What makes me different? That's simple. I'm not everybody. I understand and look at hip hop from the perspective of a kid who grew up listening to a lot of rock music and while it isn't something that is on the surface in my beats, the elements are there. I don't create beats for producers. I create beats for fans of GOOD MUSIC. For music fans who most likely never touched an MPC or played with FL Studio. Truthfully, my beats are solid but there are other producers who are just as good and better but that dosen't worry me. Why? Because I understand the power of RELATIONSHIPS. Ever hear a so so beat on a mixtape of a major artist? A relationship had something to do with it getting there. I'm honest with myself about my skill and work on improving EVERY DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK.

Jesus loves me. That's a start. Secondly, I fist fight everyone that tells me they dont like my beats. I like to criticize other people's music and remind myself that they aren't doing anything special, therefore, everything i do is amazing. I feel like every time i make a new beat, a kitten is born. Yes. A soft cute cuddily kitten. When i hear everyone else's music, i think of that kitten going into an episodic seizure and the only way to save it is by making harmonious melodies accompanied by awesomeness.

Also i've got some super secret websites that you cant google, where i get all my sounds and not pirated just sort of borrowed and if i make a million dollars might buy them plug ins.

On top of that, I've been told before that I'm the songbird of my generation. Even tho i chose not to sing, if i did you'd instantly quit your jobs just to listen to me sing the alphabet. I also have a drug addicition the creates delusional thoughts of me succeeding, but your not supposed to know about that. ( Daddy wasn't there . . .)

All kidding aside, i'm not special. I just make music and hope people like what i make.

I'm a young dude who makes old school hip hop beats. I havent made a beat in over year. What makes me unique is my unique skill set. I have a corporate gig and I spend much of my free time preparing to be a Lobbyist and I live in Dallas Texas. With that said, I'm the last person you'd expect to make dusty poorly mixed madlib type beats living in the South. I have no real aspirations in music other than to release a independent cd with my favorite artists. Most of my favorite artists are what you would call B type rappers so my ambitions are really not that far fetched. AZ and Sean Price are examples.

Last edited:
Jesus loves me. That's a start. Secondly, I fist fight everyone that tells me they dont like my beats. I like to criticize other people's music and remind myself that they aren't doing anything special, therefore, everything i do is amazing. I feel like every time i make a new beat, a kitten is born. Yes. A soft cute cuddily kitten. When i hear everyone else's music, i think of that kitten going into an episodic seizure and the only way to save it is by making harmonious melodies accompanied by awesomeness.

Also i've got some super secret websites that you cant google, where i get all my sounds and not pirated just sort of borrowed and if i make a million dollars might buy them plug ins.

On top of that, I've been told before that I'm the songbird of my generation. Even tho i chose not to sing, if i did you'd instantly quit your jobs just to listen to me sing the alphabet. I also have a drug addicition the creates delusional thoughts of me succeeding, but your not supposed to know about that. ( Daddy wasn't there . . .)

All kidding aside, i'm not special. I just make music and hope people like what i make.

pfft. Please...Lions get born every time I make an instrumental. lol.

Shameless self promotion below

Last edited:
I am the living embodiment of Hip Hop. That's what makes me different.

When people stand near me they hear Rebel Without A Pause in their heads.

"Do you hear that noise?"
"What noise?"
"Stand right here next to this guy and you can hear it"
"Oh, I hear it now... wow"
"Can we touch you?"

I am the living embodiment of Hip Hop. That's what makes me different.

When people stand near me they hear Rebel Without A Pause in their heads.

"Do you hear that noise?"
"What noise?"
"Stand right here next to this guy and you can hear it"
"Oh, I hear it now... wow"
"Can we touch you?"

Haha damn I love this place.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

Check my sig n*gguh, special ish right there!

Haha damn I love this place.

lol, if it's late at night "It's Yours" by T-LA Rock will play in their heads.

Everybody that walks near me walks in step with me and the beat i emit. It almost looks like we're marching.

... when I break away from the crowd, they all run into each other and spill ish all over each other. They have no idea what just happened but they all look at each other and be like "Did you feel that?"

I once stood near KRS-One when he was talking about how Hip Hop he was and he lost his voice. He was moving his mouth but no words could be heard. The magnetism of my Hip Hop-ness just sucked the life right out of him and fed the real source.

... he eventually figured out I was the reason he couldn't front any longer and called security on me to remove me from the premises.

Last edited:
versatility.. savvy and just my beats.. I start out with a loop and an idea.. and than I paint a picture with it... most producers get lost on the path

Well I just found out next year that I will be getting consistent paycheck from the government on the 1st and the 15th for playing an instrument lol. . . .I am going to be getting guaranteed money for doing what I love.

That will completely separate me from every musician in this forum.

Back