What has happened to FP?

Every now and then FP needs a free for all, train wreck of a thread like this one.

Look at the number of replies and the view count!

... way more than those other threads.

This thread is really what this section is all about, lol.

Gotta love it.

Last edited:
aye rome, u still think i sound shy tho and cant rap?

I can't listen to anything here. I remember that you wouldn't look into the camera and when people tried to give you advice, you would post another vid.

I could tell what was said was witty but if somebody says "you can't rap" they normally don't mean the writing part, it's the delivery part.

When I think of somebody "rapping"... I think of something like the Made You Look video by Nas. You don't finish your song and wonder what people think / thought. You finish your song and dare them to say something bad about it, lol.

(confidence in what you're doing)

... I see people on here do it with beats too. They post something and really be unsure as to whether it's tight or not and if somebody says it's wack, they take offense to it.

I get enough feedback outside of this site to know that some of the comments I get on my music comes from a "I don't like what he posts on FP!" place.... but some of it is true. I can't mix that good, I don't know any chords or scales (I cheat with VST's), etc.... BUT! the one thing I do have going for me is! I pretty much grew up on Hip Hop, I didn't come over from some other genre THEREFORE - I know what real Hip Hop is supposed to sound / feel like and even if somebody says that left up to opinion... my opinion resonates with probably 95% of other people that know what Hip Hop is.

I am willing to listen to your new stuff though. It's the rainy season up here in the NorthWest... we're in the house until next year.

well i can tell u this...ive recognized from where i started to where im at now, in both writing and actually rapping, i know i was quiet, i thought if i spit too loud it wouldnt sound right to me...i tried for a long time to match my flow to my personality, and it came across as being quiet...im that type of dude tho, yeah when i get pissed its another thing all together, but i know now that my mic presence has to come across direct, so thats what i been doing and i get so comfortable with it now that i eventually switch up my flows in the same song...i got 2 songs written, one beat from deranged and one im probably coppin from djaycas...judge me next month when i have a chance to get in the booth

I thought they said that happened about 14 pages back, lol.

Did you ever find the beat you were looking for?

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

I see you on the comments Mr. Wonderful, lol.

Good stuff !

... can't believe how easy beat making just got. I made those after spending 15 minutes with that VST...

... sorry I can't post what it is (out in the open) because I don't want to do anything beneficial for the haters. You know who you are.

Can't we all just get along?

dune is nice
gladiator
firebird
are some I'm messing with a little
but using Nexus2,SampleTank,Sylenth1 all really expandable
for a preset junkie like me

-Coach Antonio

dune is nice
gladiator
firebird
are some I'm messing with a little
but using Nexus2,SampleTank,Sylenth1 all really expandable
for a preset junkie like me

-Coach Antonio

I think The Renegades of Ace Hood fame use Gladiator and Firebird. Somebody recognized a preset they used when one of them used to post one here.

I still use Sampletank with an arp slapped on it.

I'm downloading a demo of Dune right now, gonna check it out.

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

More vst... acapella slapped on top...

Last edited:
If I hadn't visited the forum in 3-4 days, it would take literally HOURS to read through all the threads to catch-up, and the amount of information would be astounding.

Nowadays, I can skim pretty much everything in like half hour now after 3-4 days. I wish I come across FP much earlier on :(

If I hadn't visited the forum in 3-4 days, it would take literally HOURS to read through all the threads to catch-up, and the amount of information would be astounding.

Nowadays, I can skim pretty much everything in like half hour now after 3-4 days. I wish I come across FP much earlier on :(

this is true

I just want links to the threads that carrry the most knowledge.
I usually just search for info but I'm cerain there are things I haven't found or don't know about
that you dudes probably have in your bookmarks.
DROP THAT KNOWLEDGE !

Why is it when everything is cheap on Friday they call it BLACK FRIDAY?

Are black people cheap or something?

I'm pulling the race card.

Go to gearslutz.

That place has strict moderation and no bullshizz policy

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Why is it when everything is cheap on Friday they call it BLACK FRIDAY?

Are black people cheap or something?

I'm pulling the race card.

I bet some white dude made it up, Or they paid a black guy to say it and then post the history on wikipedia. Assholes.

Yall are kidding about Black Friday being about race right?

"The day's name originated in Philadelphia, where it originally was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic which would occur on the day after Thanksgiving. [SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)#cite_note-Zimmer-4[/SUP][SUP]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(shopping)#cite_note-linguistlist239-5[/SUP]Use of the term started before 1961 and began to see broader use outside Philadelphia around 1975. Later an alternative explanation began to be offered: that "Black Friday" indicates the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or are "in the black"

Back